Chapter 29

Alyssa

Elijah's suspicions were now confirmed. I was being targeted.

His enemies could not get to him, so they were trying to hurt me to spite him.

This morning I had received a bouquet of flowers with a typed card saying that it was from Elijah while I was on campus.

The card stated that he was sorry for the argument we had and further made me think it was him who had sent it.

The flowers were beautiful and smelled so good. I brought them home and put them in a vase on the counter in the apartment.

When Elijah came home I thanked him for the flowers he sent.

"I didn't send you any flowers babe what are you talking about?"

His eyes flashed with alarm and he took black gloves from his pocket and inspected the flowers I showed him.

"Alyssa these flowers are poisonous did you get in contact with them?" He asked urgency in his tone.

"Oh my God yes I smelt them," I admitted.

"You need medical attention immediately."

He phoned his family's doctor quickly who said that he'd there in the next ten minutes.

When his doctor got here, he immediately started examining me for signs of poisoning.

My nose was red, my skin was red and my fingertips blue from when I touched the flowers.

"She's going to be okay. You're lucky you didn't touch the thorns on the flowers because that's when the poison would've entered your bloodstream and cause you to be really sick."

Doctor Fernandinho sighed, "For now you just need to take the pills that I've given you and the irritation should die down in the next twenty-four hours. Elijah get rid of the flowers."

"I will thanks," he answered then the doctor left.

Elijah looked at me with a deadpan stare as I swallowed the pills I was given.

He was so mad I could see the fumes coming through his ears.

"I hope you know you're not going back to school," he said.

"What? You're playing right? Elijah I'm trying to get a degree so I can make something of myself."

"No, I mean it, you're not going back, you can do classes online," he responds.

"Listen to me and listen carefully and keenly, I know you have a tendency to want to control things and people in your life. But I have to go to school Elijah, assign me bodyguards at school but I can't not go, okay."

"I know that and I respect that but your life is in danger Alyssa and the body guards will be 'breathing down your neck' so I'm giving you the next best option," he quotes me.

"I know you're just trying to protect me but we can't live like this. The enemy will think they've won Elijah."

"As long as you're with me, this is the life you'll have to live," he argues.