Chapter 11

Alyssa

I woke up early in the morning after falling asleep beside Elijah.

I went onto the app on my phone and booked an Uber.

I informed them in detail of the address to pick me up.

My mind was going around in circles, replaying everything that had happened last night.

I'm fine, I can handle this.

Granted, I wasted three months of my life with him, but it was over now and I'm okay with that.

I found the dress that I wore strung out on his bedroom floor. I picked it up and slipped it onto my body.

I sat on on the edge of his bed carefully to not wake him waiting for my Uber to arrive. While I waited, I watched him as he slept.

He looked so at peace and content with himself and I was mad he was so at ease.

I had to admit it to myself now that he is the best in the game.

He managed to turn a sensible girl like me into an idiot, so I can't even blame those other girls before me who fell for his tricks.

I know this is the end of us now and at least I got myself out before I fell for him even more, that was my plan from the start anyways.

At least now he would leave me alone. I keep telling myself as a coping mechanism.

My Uber arrives fifteen minutes later, and I collected my purse and looked at him one last time.

I left him in his nice fancy apartment that morning, without so much as a word of goodbye, besides there was no need.

~

When I arrived on campus, I had to call my hall leader to come verify that they knew me so I could be  granted entrance.

I arrived at my dorm room just in time so I could pack my bag that I would take with me back home for thanksgiving.

During this Amanda walks in and closes the door behind her. She takes one narrow eyed look at me and I know she knows.

"You slept with Elijah didn't you?"

I put the final shirt in the bag before exhaling deeply.

"Yup. How did you know?"

"You have the just got fucked real good glow."

"Well I did, but you and I know it was a one time thing."

"He asked you to leave this morning after you gave yourself to him?"

"No, actually, I left while he was asleep."

"Oh damn, he's gonna be pissed girl."

She starts laughing, "You have no idea who you're messing with."

"Now what, you're leaving already?"

"Yes, I promised my mother I would be at home as soon as we got break which was yesterday and now today is Saturday so I'm leaving, I'll deal with him after the break. If he has anything to say."