Chapter 39

Alyssa

Something was not right with my body and I had an idea of what it was. Even though I was on vacation with my friends, my boyfriend and his brothers, and was supposed to be having fun now knowing that my mom was safe and recovering well, that was not the case at all.

It was August and the issue of the Mazzani's had blown off. In spite of that there was a bigger issue brewing and it had to do with me.

Jada had noticed my introverted behavior and came to sit beside me on the sand.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked.

Her coffee colored skin was gleamingly beautiful against the orange of her bathing suit.

I sighed, "I don't know I just haven't been feeling well for the past few days that we've been here."

"Well it could be the fact that you're in a different country," she shrugged.

"No, it's not that it's something different."

"Like what?"

"I don't want to call it down on myself, I have to be sure first."

"Call it down? Girl are you dying?" She gasped.

I rolled my eyes before shaking my head, "No, I wouldn't wait last minute to tell everyone that."

Before I could even utter what it was I wanted to say, Elijah showed up and I gave her the look which said you better not say anything.

"Hello Jada," he greeted.

"Hello Elijah, bye Alyssa," she said leaving me with Elijah.

"She's still afraid of me huh."

"I guess... she knows you're apart of the mob, remember?"

"You don't say, I think everyone knows that by now," he said raising his eyebrow while bending to kiss my lips. "Are you enjoying Cancun so far?"

I sighed, "Yes it's great here I love it."

"Mhm," he hummed watching me. "What's wrong?"

"I'm fine just tired." I played it off.

Well that sort of is the truth.

He chuckled dryly shaking his head, "You've been saying that for the past three days Alyssa, don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying to you Elijah, just please, I don't have the energy to fight with you right now."

"Are you sick?"

I exhaled, "Something like that?"

His face contorted into his annoyed look, "What? It's either you're sick or you're not sick."

"Well I'm sick but I took medicine so don't worry about it."

He shook his head, "If that's what you want baby then fine I won't worry, I'm going to the store in town do you need anything?"