Chapter 30

Elijah

"How do you know if you love someone?" I asked Santino after we finished talking business in my office.

"I don't know, I guess you get this particular feeling when you're around the person," he said and I hummed processing his answer.

"Thinking about if you love Alyssa huh?"

I nodded.

"She makes me want to be a better person so that I can be worthy of her," I reply easily.

"Did sex bring this on?"

"Sex? I haven't had sex in like... forever. But I think this temporary celibacy is good for me."

"I don't know how you do it. That's like going cold turkey in your case," he joked.

"I know. A few months ago, I couldn't survive without sex, I was addicted. But I'm a changed man now, I want to be better for her."

He studied my facial expression,"That's the most thoughtful shit you've ever said to me."

"See? She's changing me and she doesn't even see it."

He chuckled as he lit up a cigarette and took a drag.

"Ma is inviting everyone over for dinner later just because I'm introducing her to my new girlfriend."

"New girlfriend huh, when did that happen? Is that why you've been missing in action?"

"I guess. I was trying to figure out whether or not I should bring her into this life. It's always hard for girls when it comes to us. Our life is really traumatizing."

I nodded in understanding, "Tell me about it. Alyssa was really scared when she found out. Tread lightly with that topic."

He snapped remembering something.

"Ma also said you should bring Alyssa."

"Alright, I'll just go pick her up from school right now."

"I'll see you later," Santino said and I nodded before I left with the red Ferrari's keys in my hand.

I pulled up on campus only to see my girlfriend walking out with that drug dealer Cartega beside her.

So I hopped out of the car and started walking towards them.

Her eyes widened when she saw me before an enormous smile spread across her face and a look of what seemed to be relief.

However, when Cartega saw me, his eyes widened in surprise. This caused me to smirk.

Alyssa stood on her tiptoes and pecked my lips.

"What are you doing here Elijah?" She asked after we finished kissing.

"I came to pick you up we have dinner at mom's."

"Oh okay."

I gave her my car keys, "Get inside the car and turn the heater on," I said to her.