Chapter 9

I brush on light amounts of my foundation and put on lip gloss before I consider myself ready.

I look myself over in the mirror one last time before I pack my stuff in the purse I was wearing tonight.

Two months had passed quickly and it was the last week of school before we went off for Thanksgiving break.

Elijah and I have still been seeing each other. We don't see much of each other until the weekend but the late night conversations on the phone suffice.

Our date nights are mostly Fridays through to Sundays to accommodate school.

I think I'm falling for him and I need somebody to help me before it's too late.

Today is his mother's restaurant anniversary and he's taking me there to dine like he promised me.

I can't believe that I have been going out with him so long that he was able to keep this promise. I thought by now he would've left me alone.

At times it can be frustrating being with him. He was popular among the girls and it was sometimes so unbearable to see how much he used to get around.

It's not like I'm jealous or want to take ownership of him or anything because I know he's not mine, but his fling list was never ending.

He shoots me a text and informs me to meet him outside.

When I get outside I can't seem to spot his Range Rover.

My question is answered when I see him honk the horn of a white Lamborghini.

I walk vigilantly over to the car, as best as one can in heels while he gets out and opens the door for me.

"Thank you," I mumble before sitting on the cold leather of the car and putting on my seatbelt.

I admire how good he looks before he gets back to the driver's seat. In his white button down shirt with the two top buttons open, gray slacks and a gray jacket with his black loafers.

He gets in and puts on his seatbelt before he looks over at me.

"You look absolutely stunning," he says eyeing me up and down before he meets my eyes again.

"Thank you," I mumble taking my eyes away from his and I watch him in my peripheral view seeing when he smirks then puts on his shades before driving off.

He gives the valet the keys to his car when we arrive.

"Please be fucking careful with this one Tyler, it's new," he says to the valet.

He leads me inside the restaurant with his left hand on the small of my back. As soon as we get to the receptionist's desk he takes off his ray bans and the hostess smiles.

"Mr. Rossini, it's so good to see you again."

"It's good to see you too Hannah. Can you show us to our tables please? This is my date Alyssa."

"Hello," she smiles at me and I mumble a shy hi before she is moving from around the desk to escort us.

He puts me in front of him to follow Hannah to our table.

As soon as we get to our table, he pulls out a chair for me and I sit down after mumbling an appreciative thank you.

"Oh, I forgot to mention, your mother will be here in a few minutes," Hannah states as Elijah sits down.

"Thank you for telling me Hannah," he replies before she nods then walks off.

He exhales, "If my mother is going to be here soon, let me just warn you she's extra and sweet."

I chuckle at his nervous expression.

The restaurant is buzzing with people making small talk and waiting for their meals. If it wasn't for Elijah being the owner's son, I just knew we would've been waiting a while for our meals.

We sit talking about our day to each other, as we eat and sip our drinks.Without notice, a brunette lady sneaks up behind Elijah.

"I can't believe you didn't tell your own mother that you were coming to her workplace Elijah," his mother playfully states.

Elijah checks his watch then turns around immediately and throws a forced smile on his face.

"Mother." He says as he gets up from his chair and gives her a brief hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Elijah, are you going to introduce me to your girlfriend?" she asks grinning before stepping in front of him to see me properly.

"Hi sweetheart, my name is Isabella Rossini but you can call me Isabella and you are?" she inquired while shaking my hand.

"I'm Alyssa-Marie Rowe, but you can call me Alyssa," I replied.

"And she's not my girlfriend," he interrupted.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I just assumed, I've never seen you take a girl to dinner here before nor have I ever seen one as decent as Alyssa."

He gave her the bad eye.

"Okay son, I'll leave you to it but I hope to see you at our family home soon Alyssa," she smiled warmly at me and winked at Elijah. She walked off after pecking his cheek.

"Sorry about my mother she's a bit... forward."

"Well, I can't really say anything because my mother is the same way."

"Well I guess that's something else we have..." he started but stopped abruptly not completing his sentence which is super weird.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing forget it I was just gonna say something stupid... so how's dinner?" He asked and we slipped back into light conversation.

I didn't even realize that we had spent so much time talking that by the time we were ready to leave it was 9:45.

I tossed the items in my bag out in the car trying to find my I.D. If I couldn't find it, there was no way I would be let in at this time of the night especially with no one up to prove they know me.

"You can come home with me tonight."

"Shit, I can't believe I left my I.D," I cursed.

Elijah only watches me, not knowing what else to say.

"It's okay, it's my fault," I said not wanting to make him feel guilty. "I really don't have a choice and it looks like a storm's coming," I reasoned.

He looks over at me before he peels out of the restaurant's driveway.

~

When he opens the door to his apartment and flicks the light on, I'm blown away by the beauty of how it's arranged, designed and how spacious it was.

"This is so beautiful," I expressed.

"Yeah it really is. Come on and let me get you some clothes to sleep in. Tomorrow you'll get a tour," he continues and I followed him to his room.

He hands me one of his T-shirts alone since I told him I'm wearing short leggings under my dress. He shows me to the bathroom and I change immediately into the T-shirt that smells like a mixture of fresh smelling fabric softener and his cologne. I bring it up to my nose and give it one last sniff and hug my body tightly before I step out of the bathroom.

"You look good in my clothes," he stated and I twirled around so he could see all of me. He looked at me appreciatively and his eyes filled with warmth.

"Come on lets take you to the guest bedroom."

My eyebrows raised, "Guest bedroom huh? You are a master of playing games Elijah."

He leads me into another beautifully designed room.

"Good night Alyssa."

"Goodnight Elijah," I whispered sleepily.

He flicked the light off and closed the door behind him.

Then he left the room and me with my thoughts.

___________________________________________