7. Whistle

Weeks passed and I was still happy about my life. My relationship with sweet pea was great and even the red and black was a fun thing to do until...

I walk to our room and it seems like I'm early because nobody is there yet. So I put my back in a corner and sit down. Mr Peterson entered the room when I was scrolling through Instagram. "Oh hello is Jughead not here yet?" He asks surprised. "No I'm all alone" "Well that's alright because I wanted to talk to you about something" I look at him interested in what he is going to say. "Have you ever tried jingle jangle?" He starts with a low voice. I'm confused "the drug? No I never tried it and I'm not planning on trying it either if you wanted to say that". "Actually, I wanted to ask if you'd like to sell some. I know that you are close with the serpents so I thou..." "Mr Peterson what are trying to say? I'm not going to deal with drugs neither will the serpents" I hiss angrily, get up and storm out of the room. I could here him scream "Hey! Come back" but I was so angry that I just kept walking. I wasn't looking around me until I bumped into someone tall. "Wowowow why are you running babe?" I looked up into sweet peas eyes who was holding my shoulders. I didn't reply because I don't want to upset him, who knows what he would do. "Anyway I was looking for you... how about we go on a date, huh?" "Oh yeah sure I'd love to" I try to smile but my mind was still with Mr Peterson. Why did he try selling drugs to me? Is he the one who brought the drugs to Southside High? I thought the ghoulies were responsible for that. What should I do know? Do I tell anybody? Definitely not sweet pea he is too impulsive but on the other hand he is my boyfriend. Maybe I should tell Jughead. But today is Friday and so I'm probably going to wait until Monday. I'll think about it this weekend.

~Monday
Today is my date with sweet pea and I'm really excited not only because I really like him but also because I can get my head off of the whole jingle jangle. Or at least i thought so...
During second break I went looking for Jughead, I decided to tell him about the Mr. Peterson situation. I saw him across the hall alone at his locker putting some book into it. I walk towards him with fast steps "Jughead", I was kinda out of breath, "I wanted to talk to you" I coughed. But i couldn't even start with my story because jug looked past me down the hall with an irritated look. As I turned around I saw Mr. Peterson being guarded by policemen. In handcuffs he walks past us and I am so confused. What happend? Did somebody else find out about him? He passes Jughead and me and hisses "I know you did it and you will pay." Nobody could hear it and so I am the only one who is not confused but scared. He thinks I sold him out... what will he do? "What was that about Julia? Was that why you wanted to talk t...", "jug, Mr. Peterson" I gulp, " he is selling drugs and he ehm asked me too" I look on the floor. "Wow what an ads and I thought he was the only good teacher at this school, anyway I guess the red and black is over now" he shakes his head.
Awkward silence spread around us. "Sweet pea wants to take me on a date this evening", "oh guys I ship you way to hard" he laughs and the mood is brightened up. We want walk to our next lesson but we realise that Mr. Peterson won't be able to teach some literature now, so we leave school.
A few moments later we sit on a bench in a small park. Actually it's a pretty ugly park full with needles and condoms. I open my back to find a coloured straw. Shit. That must be from Mr. Peterson, maybe he put it in to convince me or he wanted me to try it. Anyway nothing is going to happen now cause he is behind bars. Thank you, next. With a quick movement I throw it behind me. It won't stick out next to all those needles. "So you want to tell me the whole story about Mr. Peterson?"
"It's not much to tell, I came into our red and black room and nobody was there until Mr. Peterson came in and asks me if I ever tried jingle jangle or if I wanted to sell them to the serpents" "The serpents would never deal with hard stuff" Jughead shouts angrily. "Yeah I told him that before I stormed out of the room" I say rolling my eyes. "Well he got what he deserves, let's change the topic, what are you going to do?" "Honestly, I don't know but I won't be bad as long as we are together" this sounds incredibly cheesy but well. I actually am not that cheesy but it's just the truth we always have fun together. "Wow Julia I didn't know you are such a romantic person" he laughs. "Actually I'm not. I'm like the first one to cringe watching romantic movies hahaha", "that's true" he joins laughing. We sit there for like 2 hours before we head home. I guess I should get ready too although I don't know how to dress because I don't know where we are going neither have I ever been on a date.
At home I stand in front of my small wardrobe putting outfits together in my head. It's bit like I have a lot of options but I narrowed it down to this. Choose your outfit:

I just finished my subdued make up as I hear the engine of sweet peas bike

The main door opens and I walk into the living room to welcome him. But my happiness immediately disappears when I look at him. His knuckles are blue and there is some blood on his shirt. "What- what happend?" I wonder a bit worried. I walk towards him and take his hand in mine to look at his knuckles while he explains," we got into a fight with some ghoulies", you can literally hear the subtle anger in his voice, "they thought we sold the sugarmen out to the cops." Wait who? "The sugarmen?" I reassure. "Yeah Mr. Peterson, seems like he sold the jingle jangle to the ghoulies" I don't want to upset him anymore so I act like I know nothing about this "oh wow" I say a bit sad. We walk into the kitchen where he sits down as I get the medical aid and some ice. I clean his wound and dress it. He holds the ice on it when I start talking "So we postpone the date I assume" he looks at me "no no we don't have to I'm fine honestly"