70. None of your concern

It's Monday morning and as you can see we all didn't die over the weekend. The doors opened when the storm stopped and we all escaped this prison just to be back two days later.

"Hey, Ju" a small figure appears to my left as I take a book out of my locker.
"Hey Toni, what's up?"
"Nothing much but listen, Cheryl's birthday is this Saturday so we are throwing a huge party on Friday. What do you say?"
"Uff, well I think I'm still hungover from last friday but sure" I smile "Is it like a surprise party?"

"No, Cheryl hates surprises. In fact she planned everything herself" she pushes a small invitation into my hand.

I rummage through my bag.
"Oh, T. Do you have a tampon?" I whisper
"Do you have your period?"
"Either that or I just got shot. So do you have one?" I reach out my hand, i need to be quick or a red stain will decorate my pants.

"Yes, I'm just surprised-"
"I'm not that old, Toni"
"No" she chuckles "I'm just releaved that you aren't pregnant after your wild make out session with sweet pea"
"Excuse moi? We didn't do anything"
"Except kiss" her eyebrow raises
"Yeah, well except that" I mumble, shrugging my shoulders.

The bell rings and we walk to our room. We don't want to be late for our history class because besides being pretty chill about everything else, Mrs. Hanson does not like people being late. I even heard she ones didn't let a student inside the room since he was ten minutes late.

We sit down next to each other, Mrs. Hanson already writing something down on the board.
"So what do you think it meant?" The small girl leans on the desk, looking at me with a smug smile.
"I d-"
The bell rings ones more, the class starts.

"Good morning class" the teacher spins around "Today we are going to start with a new topic so if you aren't here..."
The door swings open and Luciana walks in.
"Sorry I'm late" she walks over to her friend, her heels clacking on the floor, and slides on her chair.

After glaring at her student Mrs. Hanson returns to the lesson "Anyways, our new topic will be the civil war. And we will work on this in groups of two. In three weeks the groups will present their topic. Questions?"

Toni looks at me, we will work on this together.

"Do we get grades for this?"
"Yes, so better work hard"

"Do we get to choose our topic?"
"No. We will draw" she shakes a box with pieces of paper in it.

"Do we get to choose our partner?"
"No" a mischievous smile appears on her face and she picks up another box.

Groaning starts, everybody already picked a partner in their mind but our teacher walks through the room and everybody takes a piece of paper with a name on it. Well not everybody but the left side of the room gets to pick and the other side gets picked.

Unfortunately, I sit on the right side.

"I have Toni" Kevin reads aloud and smiles over to the girl next to me. Ugh I hope I have that much luck with my partner.

"I have Julia" Veronica chirps with her sweet voice. Thank god. Nothing can go wrong now.

"I have sweet pea"
What was that, a second?
Of course Luciana had to pick sweet pea, and that expression on her face.
But hey, I'm not jealous, I don't even care. Pff.

"Great, now that everybody has a partner and a topic you can start working now. You'll have time to work on your presentations during class but I suggest you meet after school as well."

The whole class joins at the library.
V and myself sit down on a table and I start the computer.
Our topic: naval tactics.

I have to say during the entire lesson we did very little on the civil war but we spilled a lot of tea.

"I heard Cheryl wants something from Sun and Moon as a present. Do you know what that is? Is it very expensive?"
"Only if you buy stuff. But I guess we can all buy it together" ronnie replies.

But her words fade in the background as I glimpse over at Sweet pea and Luciana. They are probably not working much either but even without my glasses I can see how hard she is flirting with him. Leaning on the table seductively and laughing every few seconds like he just told the funniest joke. Sweet pea is not that funny, I know that.

"He doesn't seem to care if that's any consolation"

"What?" I snap back into reality
"He is not interested in her... I think" ronnie tilts her head trying to empathize.
"No, just banging her occasionally" I role my eyes.