73. Dancing on my own

"I just feel like we barely see each other anymore. I want to see my best friend more than just twice a week and that's only because I'm serving him food" I reproach jug while forcing my body into a black top.

 I want to see my best friend more than just twice a week and that's only because I'm serving him food" I reproach jug while forcing my body into a black top

"It's just a lot going on at school but I'm here now. Can I turn around?"
"Yup" a say after I put on a pair of white trousers "You can look now"

"So what do you think?" I strike a pose jokingly
"Ugly as always" jughead grins and earns a pillow flying into his face.

"Is Munroe coming?" I say passing. My voice gets unnormal high although I try to sound light and breezy.
"Is it that weird between you two?"
"Noo" my eyebrows narrow but a desperate expression hushes over my face "We agreed on not making it awkward"

"So it is weird. If you say it's not going to be awkward it always is" he chuckles, pushing a strand of hair under his beany.
I sigh rolling my eyes as response.
"Isn't the actual question if sweet pea is coming?" An evil grin tucks on the corner of his lips.

"You look like the joker" I say, my hands resting on my hip.
"It's my mission to put a smile on your face" he gets up and starts dancing.

I burst out into laughter but stop seconds later with a blank face.
"Let's go, Mr. Fleck or we will be late for Cheryl's Birthday."

Together we dance down the stairs just to earn a confused look from jellybean and a 'you kids' from fp.

After a short ride on his motorcycle we stand in front of the well known house. Thistle house. It's 8 pm and the music is blasting from inside, lights shine through the windows.

We enter. The music was so loud that it made my skin tingle and my lungs feel like mush. The bass thumped in time with my heart beat as though they were one, filling me from head to toe with music. I liked this song. 

After saying hello to everyone someone takes my hand and I have no choice but to join the crowd, jumping in a huddled group like Tic-Tacs being shaken in a box.

It's a nice evening. I drank something, danced a little bit, laughed with friends, drank some more. The clock on the wall says it's 2 minutes before twelve so we all meet in the living room to start the countdown.

"Four... three... two...one... Happy Birthday" everybody starts cheering and screaming. Cheryl is drowned in a flurry of hugs after a kiss from her girlfriend.

Toni, who walked out of the room, reenters with a cake in her hands. It looks delicious. The cake is a triumph of sugar and flour, towering with buttercream and strawberries to bring it that celebratory colour and freshness.

The party continues.

It has become somewhat of a ritual to see sweet pea make out with some random girl, or in this case Luciana. People warned me and in the beginning it used to bother me but I am a little tipsy right now so that's okay.

He is my ex.
..."Ex-boyfriend," the word alone is enough to make me choke. In my dreams we were married. Now he is my ex and I'm supposed to be okay with that. Well I'm not. I want him back. He loved me once, how can that just go away? How can love evaporate so fast? 

I make my way to the toilet. Beer always makes me pee... a lot. Sadly, I can already see the line from around the corner. An annoyed and kind of desperate sigh leaves my mouth. The smell of alcohol reaches my nose. Fp is not going to be happy but that's not even my biggest problem.

In the dark I didn't see the step that connects the rooms and trip. Due to the alcohol my reflexes are not functioning and I just fall. But instead of landing on the floor I land in someone's arms.

"Whoa, Julia"
I look up to see sweet peas brown eyes. Great, it's like a bad teenage romance movie. Unable to move, I hold on to him as if my life depends on it. My eyes never leave his.
Our bodies are so close that I can smell the scent of his shirt.

The image of him kissing Luciana flashes in front of my eyes and I bite my lip. Back in the moment, I catch him looking at my lips. Why am I still so close, holding on to his arms?

You don't realise the important moments as they happen.

Our gazes battled, it was like they were having a conversation but then he speaks up
"How about we finish what we started at detention night?"

He takes a step in my direction, pushing me back. I stumble a bit until he turns us around and sits down on some sofa or chair. I'm not sure what it is but I am sitting on top of him, our lips pressed together.

My hands meet on his neck and start going through is dark hair. His hands slither down my body until they rest on my hips. Slowly, we become entwined. Our hearts fusing into one, while our bodies move to the rhythmic sound of the music, although I barely hear it over the pounding of my heart and the blood rushing through my veins.

I want to open my mouth and gasp for air but it only allows his tongue access to my mouth. For a while we fight for dominance until he wins.
Lust and passion burn like fire in his eyes.

"I know where the guest bedroom is" I whisper in his ear before I stand up and look down at him with just the same heat in my eyes.

I'm a little drunk and out of control.

The smirk widens and spreads over his entire face before he gets up and follows me.

I stumble into the room, his hands all over me, his body so close, kisses on my neck.

"Lock the door"