40. Wow thing

"It's the calm before the storm. The summer of your junior year in highschool. And how do you spend it? Working some brutal job"

"Don't be overly dramatic, jug" I laugh handing him one of pops menues.
"I'm officially employed plus summer vacation ended a month ago"

"I'm just sayin'" he shrugs his shoulder "but of course you don't need to concentrate as much on school as us normal people with your IQ of 163"

"Ok now your just making things up" I laugh "anyways, a milkshake, burger and fries I guess?"
"Correct"

The doorbell rings and V, B and Arch sit down in Jugheads booth.
"Hey guys what can I get you"
"Wow Ju, you look super cute in that uniform, and I'll have a vanilla milkshake" Ronnie smiles at me as she folds her hands "Well I have the nicest boss"
"For me a strawberry milkshake" Archie orders but betty passes with a gentle smile.

I walk up to the counter to place the order to fp. Putting the drinks on the table the door opens again and a lightly dressed Cheryl walks inside.

"I heard there was gonna be a last heatwave before it's finally getting colder" still standing at their table.
"Jules, you read my mind. Greetings, chums" Cheryl now standing next to me turns to the others.

"I wanted to let you know, that we're celebrating an epic end-of-summer pool party at Thornhill. And you're all invited. Invite who ever you want, but give them a fair warning: I'm in the mood for some hell-raising. Noodles." With an overly sweet smile she walks away and I exchange looks with the others.

~Saturday at Thornhill

Choose your outfit:

The sun is shining, 'good vibrations' by the beach boys is playing and everyone is having fun

Sweet Pea and I sit on the side of the pool letting our feet hang into the water. "You look good in that swim suit" he leans in closer touching my thigh making me shiver

"I know" I chuckle running my fingers from his serpent tattoo on his neck down to his chest and we kiss but then I stand up "gonna get some drinks"
"You are an epic tease Julia Monroe, wait till you get back here" he looks after me as I walk away.

On my way back I see Jughead eating some popcorn. I open my mouth and he tries to throw some in but we fail miserably. "You treat yourself with 2 drinks?" He chuckles
"Always"
But suddenly an upset fangs runs towards us
"Jughead" out of breath
"What's up?"
"Its the ghoulies. Those bastards have hot dog"

We gather the other serpents and meet inside Thornhill.
"Are you absolutely sure this was hot dog?" Jug wonders
"Hundred percent, man. They must have snatched him on riot night. He looked skinny. I don't think the ghoulies feed him enough"

"Lucky those animals aren't slow-roasting him on a grill" sweet peas dark voice
"What do we do, Jughead?" I question
"We'd be going behind enemy lines, outnumbered, open to attack from all directions, and risking another gang war" he shakes his head "No serpent left behind. That includes our spirit animal"

All nod in agreement "okay. We deploy after dark. It'll be a stealth mission. Gonna be quick"
"Jug" betty speaks up "last time you went into ghoulie territory, you were beaten to within an inch of your life."
"He'll have backup" Cheryl notices. When Cheryl puts on that red coat and goes all katniss everdeen I always question my sexuality.

"We'll be quick, Betty. They won't even know we were there."
"Okay then I'm coming with you" betty declares
"No"
"No. Don't you dare tell me that it's too dangerous, jug" betty raises her finger
"You remember what happend to Julia?" Jug brings it up and I tense up at the memories

"Hey!" Sweet Pea shuts up jug
"I just don't want that to happen again" he sighs "and you don't have to come" now he turns to me
"It's alright" I bite my lip trying to hide my scaredy
"I'll be there this time" sweet pea speaks up crossing his arms.

"The serpent queen is a warrior queen" betty returns to the actual topic "so, if you're on the front lines, so am I."
"Okay" jug gives in "let's bring hot dog home, shall we?"

Waiting in the back of our truck we can already hear hot dog whimpering from the ghoulies hideout.
"Its been an hour, and no sign of anyone" Toni's getting bored
"All right. Sweet pea?" Jug turns around to face sweet pea who is sitting in the drivers seat "you guys keep lookout"

With that jug walks over to hot dog through the fence. He touches his leash when suddenly all the lights go on and he startledly stands up.
"Hiya, jonesy" penny steps into the light, Malachai and more ghoulies following closely behind her with baseball bats."Welcome back to the Southside." At the sight of them my blood freezes.

Betty wants to start running but I pull her back. "Not yet, cousin" Cheryl supports me.
"I thought this mangy mutt might get you to show up" penny continues talking to jug who is now surrender by armed ghoulies "we need to talk"

"No we don't, penny" shaking his head "I'm here for the dog"
"If you didn't want trouble, why did you sent spies all summer to get in out business? Back off. Unless you want a replay of riot night"

"Yeah, I've been sending scouts. I was looking for hot dog. Now that I got him... we're good" he starts walking away slowly but penny is not done yet
"Not so fast. Your jacket. The Southside isn't yours anymore. You're no longer the Southside serpents" tilting her head

"Really, penny? A jacket?"
"We could always just take it off your limp, dead body" she threatens "I also heard ponytail is a serpent now, your north side queen. Maybe we'll go after her next. Or we'll say hi to Julia again"
Betty looks at me frightened and I take a deep breath. In the front seat fangs holds back an angry sweet pea "those bastards"

"Fine. You can have the jacket, as you and the ghoulies stay out of the north side." Jughead proposes
"Oh, you don't get to make demands." Malachai steps closer to him and I harshly sip in air.

Cheryl must have noticed my reaction because she stands up and shoots Malachais arm with an arrow.
"Cheryl!" Jug screams
"Told you I'm in the mood for some hell-raising" aiming at her next target.

But maybe that wasn't the smartest move...
"That's it" penny looking at the ground "just kill them all"
"Cheryl, aim your next arrow between penny's eyes." Jug demands and penny stops the angry ghoulies with a hand sign.

I can feel Joe staring at me and my heart starts beating faster.
"You and your ghoulies take one step, she'll release the arrow. Cheryl doesn't miss"
"Congratulations" penny hisses into Jugheads face "You just made the north side fair game"

"Come on" jug walks away with hot dog when penny screams after him "see you soon, jonesy"

"Come here. Come here, boy" I take hot dog on my lap
"Right, let's go" Jughead closes the door after he got inside and sweet pea drives away.