38. Go Go

Penny steps out of the dark. "All of the serpents gathered up, seems like you want that fight right now"
Many more ghoulies step out of the shadows into the light, many more ghoulies than serpents.

Sweet Pea screams "Julia get in the car with the others and drive Jones to a hospital. Go, go!" Archie takes bettys and my arms and shoves us into the back of the truck, Jughead being laid down beside us by fp.

Archie starts driving while betty has a mental breakdown on the seat next to me. She starts sobbing and crying and talking to Jughead how everything will be alright. I turn around to look at the place where the fight begins "be careful" I whisper.

~

Jughead wakes up grunting, the ekg beeping in the background.
"Dad"  Jugheads husky voice causing fp to wake up. He stands up and walks next to his bed "Jug"
"What did I miss?"
"What you did brought every serpent out of the woodwork. You would've been proud" fp smiles and sits back down "it looked like we were gonna win, but in the end, They were just--"
He gulps "just too many ghoulies. It was like shooting snakes in a barrel" shaking his head.

Jughead turns his head to the left to stop facing his dad but instead he sees Julia sleeping on the bed next to him.

"Sunnyside tralierpark fell just like the whyte wyrm, so she got nowhere else to sleep" fps voice full of sadness.

"Where are the others?"
"After tge rumble, some of the serpents defected. They- they joined the ghoulies. Others were arrested. More went into hiding. The rest... they left town. The serpents... they dont exist anymore."

~Julia's pov

I wake up from jugs and fps voices echoing through the small hospital room. Opening my eyes the both look at me as I sit up.

"Jug" I jump onto his bed giving him a hug of relieve. "You're alive"
"I think so" he jokes "Where... is betty?"
"At first she stayed here but after a while her mom picked her up to rest at home" home. The word is hard to say, now that I don't have this anymore.
"Where is sweet pea?"
"I- I don't know" I hold back my tears and bite my lip.

"Everything's gonna be alright" he tries giving me some hope although it seems like he lost all of his.
"Hmm. I need some fresh air" I excuse myself and walk outside.

How come I lost everything I have? Everything good in my life? It reminds me of picking up sand. Once I got something good it slips from my hands. I build something and it falls apart.

The worst thing is the uncertainty Because
"Julia" I turn around at the sound of my name facing fangs and sweet pea. Both bruised up and looking really done.

I walk into his arms not saying a word. We just stand there, him holding onto me tight while all my worries get to rest.

"I was so scared"
"No need to" fangs brushes my hair calming me down. But things weren't going to improve for us.

~

"This is how it ends? Not with a whimper, but a memo from weatherbee."
"Riverdale high is now suddenly overcrowded" Toni says disappointed "So starting next week, former Southside high students will be bussed to seaside high, which is two hours away" she reads the memo.

"He probably heard of the fight and the arrestings" I state monotone.
"Meaning he blames us" sweet pea adds angrily but then sighs "what's our play, Jones? Do we have one?"

"I don't know anymore guys. We can't keep fighting for a gang that doesn't exist" jug walks towards the window

"Well, what about us?" Fangs looks around the room which used to be crowded with serpents but now is completely empty except for the 5 of us "or the other serpents at the wyrm?"
Jughead turns around "What serpents at the wyrm? I thought we lost it"

Half an hour later we enter the bar to see many serpents with pillows and sheets.
"I don't understand" Jughead looks around
"You saw what the ghoulies did to most of Sunnyside" Toni explains
"A lot of other serpents couldn't afford to leave riverdale" sweet pea continues "So we came here"

"Does my dad know about this?"
Jug leaves to go home to his dad while we others head to the wyrm where the serpents are staying. After a while Jughead comes back with Cheryl.

"My mum told me that Lodge's cyborg sheriff is raiding the bar tonight. If things turn violent and serpents get shot, so much the better" Cheryl explains shaking her head.

"Take only what you absolutely need and carry with you. We need to move quickly and quietly" jug plans "Minetta's forces are all over the southside, looking for blood" he turns to face me with a worried expression on his face. I'm sitting next to sweet pea on a bar stool next to the pool table. "Where are we gonna go sweets?" I whisper looking up to meet sweet peas eyes.

"If we want our skulls to remain uncracked, we have to go undetected"
"Go where? There's nowhere safe." Sweet pea states interrupting Jugheads calm voice
"We've been offered asylum on the northside." With that everybody packs some stuff and we leave through the doors of the whyte wyrm.

Walking through the dark hoping nobody would see us and if someone heard a noise we'd start running around the next corner hiding in the shadows. Sweet pea carries both our bags and Jughead leads the way together with Cheryl and Archie. You can hear the sirens wailing and we start hiding again.

Reaching the bridge which connects the Southside and the northside Jughead turns around "come on, jug. Don't look back" Archie puts his hand on Jugheads shoulder.