39. As i told you

We found asylum at the Andrews' house. So now Fred Andrews is standing in the kitchen giving out breakfast for all of us like a chef.

As I enter the kitchen to get some more bacon for sweet pea I'm greeted by a busy Fred Andrews, Archie and jug. "Hey guys" I smile
"Ah Julia here take some more bacon you need to get strong" Mr. Andrews laughs as he puts some bacon on my plate and immediate runs away.

"It's so nice of you taking all of us in arch. Thanks" I look at Archie with gratitude "I'm so sad that were not gonna see each other every day in school anymore"
"No big deal" he puts an arm around me pulling me into a hug
"And I'm not done yet" he turns to jug "how many serpent jackets can we borrow?" Pulling in my sleeve

~

The next day in school a confused principal weatherbee enters the hallway to see all of us standing there in serpent jackets. "What's the meaning of this?" He turns around taking in the 'view'

"It's a show of support, sir" Archie speaks up and weatherbee turns around "for the Southsider who are being wrongly transferred out of our school. Everyone is ready to walk out, principal weatherbee"

But he isn't having it "Any student who walks out beater keep walking" pointing at the door "because they'll be expelled"
"You're a good man. Youre not the kind of person who discriminates. And if you are? Then expel me. Cause I don't want to be a part of that" Archie still defends us. That's one thing about Archie that I really like. He's innocent, honest and loyal. Ok those were three things but you get my point.

Silence fills the hallway until principal weatherbee finally gives in "Everyone, get to class" we all disperse with a satisfied smile on our faces.

~next day

"You know, since we can't keep living with the Andrew's forever, I'm thinking about getting a job" Jughead and I walk down the hallway
"I couldn't help but overhear what you just said" Ronnie pulls up next to us "and I might be able to help"

I look at her a bit confused but interested. "How about you work at pops as a waitress?" He smiles excitedly
"Wait, wait, wait" jug pulls into a room "So your dad fires my dad and now he's offering Julia the job. Don't get this wrong" jug looks at me apologising "but that's not fair"

"Your dad fired fp?" My voice full with disgust
"Well, yes" v sighs "but when he bought the whyte wyrm-"
"What?" I shout in disbelief
"I bought it first and traded it for pops chock'lit shop" her hands in the air waving excitedly "and as my first action as the new owner I'm gonna give fp his job back and hire a new waitress"

"That would be great" I smile hugging her.
"How about we meet after school and discuss further actions" and as a response I nod happily.

We arrive at the student lounge where the whole grade seems to be waiting for the announcement. I walk towards sweet pea who is shuffling cards when the speaker goes on

"Attention, Riverdale High students. The results of your student council election are in. Your new student body President is... Archie Andrews"

And everybody starts cheering

"In unrelated news, for the foreseeable future, all former Southside High students will remain at Riverdale High. That is all"

I heave a sigh of relief and lean my head down on sweets shoulder. I sit up straight and join the others cheering.

After school we head to our new home. The serpents settled down down by the riverside. Sweet pea and I arrive to chattering members putting up their tents. I jumps towards Jughead, Toni and fangs sitting around a fire.

"Slow down" sweets laughs as he takes my hand
"I can't I'm too excited. It's like camping. I've never done that"
"How can you always be so happy?" He laughs and stares at me a smirk tucked around the corner of his lips.
"I love that. I love you"

Suddenly do steps on the 'stage' and whistles. "Listen up now! All right, listen up!" Shouting over the whole place.
"Some 60 years ago, the very first serpent meeting took place on these same riverbanks. Now it makes sense that this is where we gather now, where i--" I stops talking "Where I say my goodbye. Would you step up here, son?"

The crowd starts muttering when an irritated jug approaches his father, now both whispering.
"I'm retiring from the serpents." Putting his arm around his son's shoulder "for real this time.

"Whoa whoa whoa" fp tries calming down the perturbation "Now, my boy... my boy has never stopped fighting for this crew. Hell he almost died for it. That's why I'm giving you the mantle"
Serpents shouting "yeah"
"Whoo jughead" I scream

The cheering and clapping silences when fp starts speaking again "and now, as your first official duty as serpent king..." Toni walks up and gives him a red serpent jacket.

"I think you know what to do with this. Take it"
When jug takes the leather jacket the crowd cheers again
"Yeah!" Fangs next to me raises his drink and sweet pea does the same.

"All right. All right. All I can say is... I love you, dad." This is so cute and at the same time I feel kind of sad. I've never felt that for my parents. Hell I don't even have them anymore. And when I did I was to small to tell them or to know what I feel. Am I missing something out?

"And the serpents will not die out" he continues "not on my watch"
I look around the cheering serpents and when I look up to my right side I see a smiling sweet pea. And I realise I have a family. A better one than I could ever imagine.

Cheryl takes of her blazer and walks up to jug. Smiling he puts the jacket on Cheryl.