36. BabeBabe

"Tomorrow night at 6:30 at my house" betty looks in the round
"We'll get ready and then-"
"Its time to partaaaay" Josie throws her arms in the air and i chuckle.

"Its been way to long since I've gone out on a Friday night" Cheryl brushes her hair out of her face

"Can you believe it's been one year since we came to this school?" I look at Toni
"Time does fly, Monroe" she leans back and we all chuckle.

"Can I crash at yours after the party?" Betty puts her hand on Ronnies leg
"Sure anyone else?" She looks around but I shake my head "sweets offered to pick me up" I smile just thinking about him

"Look at you blushing" Toni teases me
"Girl, you are in love" sings Josie
"But honestly, I'm happy tgat you two got back together" betty bites her bottom lip remembering the past year and the break up she caused so i give her a mild smile.

"Riverdale calmed down a lot this year" Cheryl thinks loud "a bit too calm. Where is the drama?" Typical Cheryl but I'm relived, last year was too much for me.

"Well, my mom Is causing some drama" Josie rolls her eyes "she and sheriff Keller are official now that she retired as mayor."
"So you got a new brother" I sing teasingly
"Yeah, but we are still figuring things out-" when the bell rings.

We all get up "tomorrow 6:30" Cheryl points at us as she walks out the student lounge.

~Friday evening at the coopers

Me, being late as usual, ring the bell at the coopers house.
"Oh Julia, dear come in it's cold outside. Good to see you again, how have you been?" Mrs. Cooper greets me as we walk inside.

"I've been good, oh should I take this upstairs?" I point at a tray with some glasses of lemonade on it.
"That would be great" Mrs. Cooper smiles at me as I take it and walk upstairs to bettys room.

I open the door with my elbow nearly spilling the drinks.
"Julia, why are you always late?" They laugh
"I brought drinks" I say in my defence, putting the tray down on bettys desk.

"Great, then we can get started" Cheryl plays with her straw. She is wearing a red, short jumpsuit, making her legs look great. Josie decided to put on a leather top and black shorts while Ronnie wears a simple black dress with fancy cut-outs. Betty wears a pink lace top with black pants.

I guess Toni and I look more like serpents because she is wearing a dark green checked skirt and a black top, her black boots and long socks, just like I did.
Choose your look:

Arriving at the club we can already hear the music blasting from inside

Arriving at the club we can already hear the music blasting from inside. I've never been to a real club, a lot of sweaty and drunk people pressed against each other dancing in a room never tempted me to go to one.

But Veronica reserved a VIP lounge for us so I guess I can avoid a lot of unnecessary body contact with strangers. With sit down on the black couch looking down at the crowd dancing.

"Like back in the days" V sits down. She must have partied a lot in New York, and I realise there are so many things I've missed out. I've never been on vacation with my family, I've never had a normal life. Well fuck it.

A waiter brings us a bottle of Champaign and Toni must have noticed me being uncomfortable because she hits me in the side with her elbow "relax Monroe, it's gonna be fun" we clink glasses and I give her a mild smile.

All of a sudden I don't feel like partying now, and just wanna go home. V takes my hand and pulls me off the sofa to the side where Josie and betty are already dancing. I look at Toni and pour down my drink to gain confidence then signal her with my head to come with us.

The dj was mixing up the songs and we danced. I noticed Cheryl and Toni disappearing after a while. They are such a cute couple and I wish sweet pea was here, everything is better with him near. I wonder what he is doing and it's already 3:26 so he is gonna pick me up soon.

Time does fly when you're having fun and it really was a great evening, despite my doubts in the beginning.
I say my goodbyes to the others and walk outside the building.

Around the corner I already spot sweet pea leaning against his motorcycle. With a smile I jump towards him and he looks up from his phone.

"Hey babe, how was it?" But he sounds kind of upset
"It was fun" I place my hands around his neck and give him a kiss "something wrong?"
"I was at a serpent meeting... the ghoulies are causing trouble again" clenching his fists "looks bad but I don't want to talk about it" he snaps at me.

I pull away "okay" and sit down on his bike. He sits down in front of me and drives of.

~A few hours before at the serpents meeting in the whyte wyrm

"The ghoulies want territory" fp shouts "they want power. They want war" he puts his fist in the air.
"We can't go to war against the ghoulies. They are too many, I saw it" Jughead speaks up.

"We have no other choice" sweet pea interrupts "Its now or never"
"If they win, They get sunny side trailer park and the wyrm" fps voice low but angry

"Who is going to war with the ghoulies" fps puts his hand in the air with the serpent sign. Everybody except for jug stand up and does the sign. This means war.

Afterwards sweet pea and Jughead get to talk
"Jones" Jughead turns around and looks up to sweet pea "I have to keep Julia out of this. I don't want her to get hurt, I cant-"
"This war... Its gonna be tough and if anything happens to her..." jug tenses up "you know what will happen if the ghoulies win"
"No. She'll stay out of this" sweet pea gets mad and walks away.