89. Thinking 'bout you

"It's just over?"
I hum affirmatively.
"Everything? Or just the sneaking into a room and making out?"
"Everything"
"Why?" Toni looks at me through her goggles.
"I couldn't d-"

"Ladies! Less chatting more skiing" the ski instructor claps to get our attention.

Toni and I were assigned to the beginners group since we both never stood on skis before. While neither of us is in the mood to ski, our teacher is surprisingly hot and speaks with a cute Canadian accent.

While the others departed to the top of the mountain, our group has to stay down in the valley and practice basic skills at the 'easy-cheesy practice slope'.

It is cold and windy and small kids are gliding down the slope next to us. I feel stupid and I hate that. At least the scenery is beautiful, trees sprinkled with white snowflakes which at the same time swirl through the cold air.

For now I set my mind on focusing on the cute instructor explaining how to stand on skis, trying to ban sweet pea from my mind.

"There is such a special joy in the madness that is skiing; to strap on those waxed layers of wood and invite gravity to go nuts" Tyler, the teacher speaks up with an amazed smile on his face.

Poor guy, has to teach clueless teenagers how not to fall down a slope as flat as a piece of paper.

"Alright. I'll wait for you down at the lift and you come down one by one." He smiles before jumping around kn his skis and starts sliding down the slope taking gracious turns.

"Here goes nothing" I don't even have to look at Toni to know she is rolling her eyes. A small chuckle descends from my mouth and hangs in the cold air.

One by one we make our way down the small slope. Curving nowhere near as clean as Tyler's though, some even fall. It's my turn and I push myself forward to get a little verve at least. It's not that easy, the slope -- if you can even call it that-- is as flat as a twelve year olds chest.

To my surprise, skiing is not as hard as I thought and I end up at the lift with the others without falling one time. Skiing is about control. Control over your body and the wood beneath you feet. You just have to balance out the control with, well, balance.
Let the snow gide you.

"Well done everybody" Tyler pushes up his goggles, his blue eyes sparkling beautifully in the white scenery.
"Tomorrow we will make our way to the top of the mountain, eh?"

Toni sighs next to me,"Oh boy. I'm going to die."
We take our skis and shoes off and eventually make our ways back to the hostel.

"It was amazing. You have the best view from the top and the slopes are great, so much fun" Betty flashes her brilliant, sweet smile, telling us about her day in the better group on top of the mountain.

"It really was divine. The winter sun brought out the purity of the heaven-given snow, as if were a blank page for our merriment, inviting the feet to play and the spirit to laugh."

I get out of the refresher, wrapping my hair into a white, not-so-fluffy towel and role my eyes at Ronnie, she sounds so rich sometimes, "This is my least favourite way of talking."
"Don't be so grumpy. You're going up there tomorrow as well and then you'll see. It's truly transcending."
"As long as you heard me" I whisper under my breath.

"Ok but you'll have to elaborate on your relationship status with sweet pea again, I did not grasp that." Cheryl plops down on her bed, resting her head in her hands.

Another sigh "It's over. Done, finito, I don't know anymore words to describe it. You said it's unhealthy" I turn and look at Ronnie, "so I broke it off, whatever it was. I couldn't get too invested, and I felt myself slipping away so I terminated it. Oh look there is another word. So yeah, I don't want another heartbreak."