77. Tongues

When I see Julia, her casual beauty, blue jeans and faded shirt, it's like I've only just been switched on, as if all this time I was a machine not fully powered up.

As I watch her smile grow and the way she moves across the hall I want her back. I want her any way I can get her before the lunch hour is up.

Our eyes meet and I get closer. My hand automatically opens and from the look on my face she knows what I'm offering. She pauses, not to refuse, but to savour the moment before we begin. Then together we walk out of the cafeteria, get inside the next best room, close all the blinds and lock the door...

It's not the first time. We snuck somewhere to make out several times before. Still we pretend like there is nothing in front of our friends. At the moment our relationship is only physical. But I can't deny there is this spark again. The same spark I felt when I first met her.

When she is with me I forget all the anger I had inside of me when she left.

The bell rings, she grabs her bag and leaves, a look over her shoulder and a wink.
I walk to my next class, she to hers.

"What is going on?" Toni asks, sitting next to me in class.
"What?"
"I've seen you snuck into broom closets with sweet pea for the past week"
"Is there something going on?" Cheryl smirks as she turns around to face us.

"No. We are just friends with... benefits" my voice gets smaller.
"Why don't you get back together?" Toni tilts her head empathetically.
"She thinks she doesn't deserve love because she has low self esteem" Betty as well turns around, getting involved in the conversation.

"Not true. I have no self esteem" I smile sarcastically
"Besides, he said he only wanted to be friends and I think so too. I don't want to be miserable anymore. I don't want to cry anymore. It's good like this, we are having fun" I add.

They all sigh simultaneously but before any of them can comment our teacher walks in and the lesson starts.

After class I storm out of the room and look for sweet pea. As I find him I grab his arm and pull him inside the next room, slamming my lips onto his.

"We're still friends, right?" He asks but I sense a weird tone in his voice.
"Yeah, I mean right now I would probably say you're one of my best friends" I smirk and pull him closer.

"You know, during the storm i just wanted to-"
"Yeah, yeah. Less talking more kissing" i get annoyed and kiss him to shut him up.

_______________________________________
A/N: Hey guys, the thing is Riverdale is not really inspiring right now. There is no real storyline where I can place the characters because everybody has their own thing going on. Anyway, if there is a certain aspect that you like about the series and you want me to write about please tell me or if you have any other suggestions or wishes. I really don't know what to do lol. I could completely change the story line and just write my own stuff if that would be okay for you.
Please give me some feedback.
Love ya'll