8. Soulmate

Sweet pea gets dressed

And grabs his serpent jacket as we walk outside the trailer

Still not knowing where we are going I sit on his motorcycle and he starts driving. Since I'm relatively new to the town I have no idea where we are put I figured we would watch a movie since he pulls in a big parkinlot with the sign 'twilight'. It's a drive-in cinema, cute but we don't have car. He parks and we get off. Jughead already told me that sweet pea isn't the most romantic person and he proofs it right now because had hadn't brought anything, nothing to eat nor a blanket. He sits down on the ground and leans against his bike and I do the same. I don't mind sitting in the grass but I really wish we had a blanket because it's fucking cold. Why didn't I bring a jacket? It's already 9pm did I think it would be 30°? Sweet Pea must have noticed that I'm cold because he takes off his jacket and puts it around me. He proudly looks at me "you in my serpent jacket, I like that" I smile and lean on his shoulder. He puts his arm around me and the movie starts. The movie is called 'Casablanca' I've never seen it before and I can't really concentrate on it now either. I drift of in my thoughts and find myself thinking about Mr. Peterson, the sugarman. He supplied the whole school with drugs and who knows who he was working for. And now he is angry at me, seems like I messed with some powerful men. Well done Julia, why do things like these always happen to me? Why can't I have a normal life with a family that loves me and normal friends who are not gang members at a normal school where no teacher is a drug dealer. I could be a cheerleader or an A student. What if I grew up on the other side of the tracks? What if my parents were still alive? What if...
"What're you thinking about?" Sweet Pea takes me back to reality. "Nothing" I reply with a blank face, "you?" I try making this not too awkward. "That movie sucks" I smile at him he is pretty cute "I really enjoy the date though" I kiss him. "I start liking it now too" he smirks and kisses me again, longer and with more passion. We break the kiss and look into each others eyes, the half moon shines in the dark sky and the movie and the people around us keep on going but right now it feels like the world stops just for the two of us. He starts kissing me again with more lust now and pulls me on top of his lap my back now facing the screen. He holds me in his arms and kisses me. As I try gasping for air I open my mouths, so that his tongue could find entrance in my mouth. We fight for dominance but in the end he wins. He bites my lip and a small moan escapes my mouth. I really like this because I forget everything around us and all my worries fly away. "Serpent scum" somebody walks past us and I break the kiss to look into sweet peas annoyed, brown eyes. I get of him and sit back on the grass now. He was about to snap back at the guy but I hold his arm "it's alright" I gently smile at him. "You want to go home now?" He asks and I nod. The movie was still going but he didn't like it and I wasn't paying attention to it most of the time. We get on his motorcycle and head home. He pulls in sunny side trailer park and I notice that I'm already quite tired. "This was really nice" he takes my arm and pulls me around before I could open the door. "Yes it was" I imitate his grin and look cockily into his raven eyes. I go up on my tip toes and give him a peck on the lips. "So on Thursday is this retirement party for fp. He is like the leader of the serpents. You wanna go? It's in the whyte whyrm." "Sure sure" I smile and we go inside.