20. Hurts like hell

It was a nice evening and we had a lot of fun at Cheryls, we'd sing and dance and brush our hair. It's time for dinner and we all head downstairs to sit at the dining table. Cheryls mother and her uncle as well as nana rose joined us.

"So, Julia you are new in town, right?" Claudius Blossom wonders.
"Yes, I moved here a couple weeks ago" I smile
"And when will we meet your parents?" Penelope sticks a small piece of meet in her mouth.
"Well, ehm my real parents died when I was 9" I say and the awkward silence starts again but I'm already used to that
"Oh dear" nana rose takes my hand and I give her a warm smile
"Yes, but you have to live with someone" Mr. Blossomkeeps on asking and Cheryl gives me a pitying look,I shrug my shoulders as a response before I answer the question
"I don't live with my foster parents anymore..." I murmur
"So you're unauthorized?" Mrs. Blossom asks in shock
"I..."
"So, we're all done eating, why don't we head up to my room again and get ready?" Cheryl saves me
We all get up and walk up the stairs.

"Wow that was not uncomfortable at all" I notice
"It's a family talent" Cheryl raises her eyebrows

~4:16 in the morning
We all wake up from a loud dump noise downstairs. Maybe Cheryl was right when she said she didn't feel save anymore. We all rush out and hear cheryl scream to see an unconscious nana rose laying at the end of the stairs.

Luckily, she survived and now we are all standing outside while nana rose is transported into an ambulance.
In front of the door Mr. And Mrs. Blossom whisper "who could survive a fall that deep?" "I don't know but Cheryl is next" "we just..."
They notice me eavesdropping and stop talking. I quickly turn around and comfort Cheryl.

~the next morning

Everybody is returning home and I wait for bettys mom to collect me. She was kind enough to offer to drive me and toni home. She pulls in the entry and honks. Betty, Toni and I say our goodbyes to Cheryl and the others and want to go but Mrs. Blossom pulls me aside by my arm "What did you hear?" She lisps
I am smart enough to not say anything so she just leaves me be and I get in the car. "Good morning Mrs. Cooper thanks for dropping us off" I greet her
"Anytime julia" she smiles and drives away.

I couldn't stop thinking about what I had heard. Cheryl is next? What? How? Why? But I was about to find out the next morning.

~Sunday morning

I wake up to heavy knocking on the door but I choose to ignore it. "Who the fuck is that at 7:30 on a sunday morning" sweet pea growls turning around.
He continues sleeping so I guess I have to answer the door just to see about 6 people in white suits.

"Julia Monroe?" One guy asks
I rub my eyes and as soon as i nod they storm inside and grab my arms.
"Hey! Stop!" I try pushing them aside "sweet pea" I cry out for help
"It's been reported to the sisters of quiet mercy that you ran away from you parents" one women explains.
Sweet Pea runs into the room as they drag me outside. "What is going on? What are you doing?" He shouts confused but angry punching one guy aside.

"Her parents reported that she ran away from her home and is now illegally living here so we're taking her to live at the sisters of quiet mercy."
They drag me into a car and I try to escape but there's no point I'm too weak.

"You can't do that" he runs out the door but the car pulls off. It's too late leaving sweet pea standing in front of his trailer tired but full of anger. He turns around and punches against the wall of his trailer "Shit!"

~at the 'sisters of quiet mercy'

We arrive at a big house and they drag me inside still in my pyjamas. Well it's an old shirt from sweet pea that is way too big for me but I really like it. They hand me a pile of clothing and send me to a room to change.
In the room is seriously a bed and a high window nothing more.

I change into those ridiculous old fashioned clothes and now they escort me into the office of a sister who's name I forgot.

"Hello Julia" she says politely creeping me out a bit so I don't answer.
"I'm sister woodhouse. Welcome at the sisters of quiet mercy we're going to take good care of you"
"Why am I here" my face dead serious and a bit scared
"You are a troubled youth" she responds
"For not living with an abusive foster family ?!" I chuckle at this ridiculous explanation
"And we don't blame you with that past"
I silence, how do they know?
"Your parents died when you were just a kid. They were murdered and you had to watch, I'm sorry my child" she states
I bite my lip thinking back. Sometimes I still got bad dreams of that day.
"We are here to help you"
I look up at her "What?" I whisper.
"Your first lesson will start at midday, for now you can go to your room and rest"
"I don't want to" but the guys in the white suit drag me by my arms.

Now I sit in my room since 8am and I'm starting to freak out. It's a small room and I still don't know why I'm here or more importantly how I'm going to get out of here. The door slams open and a sister looks at me pacing around in my room "It's time for a movie"

I walk into a big room with benches sit down and watch the movie. It's topic is obeying your parents and the higher instances, not my favourite movie. I start looking around the room because I get bored. "Eyes on the screen, julia" some overseer snaps at me so I continue watching.

After 2 hours it's time for some 'manual labour'. I get into an old room full of bags with something heavy inside, maybe flour.
"You carry all those into this corner" she points to the opposite left corner and I start working when another girl comes in to do the same. I look at her

"Omg julia"
"Cheryl" I scream relieved to see her
"Enough, continue working" the sister demands and explains Cheryl her task. We carry those bags around from one corner to another
"What is going on why are we here?" I whisper as I walk past her
"This can only be the work of my mother" Cheryl swears

"Ladies, less talking more working" a sister orders and we continue in silence. It does make sense they want Cheryl out of the way, I heard something I shouldn't have and I told them about my parents. Great.

After 2 and a half hours sister woodhouse enters the room. "Ladies, what are you doing? didn't I tell you to put those bags into this corner" she points to the right corner

"No, no the left" I stutter in disbelief.
"You need to learn how to listen, as punishment you put all those bags into the right corner"
"But.." Cheryl starts
"Go" she leaves.

After 2 more hours we're done. Not only with our task but physically and mentally. "Well done, it's time for a movie" they bring us into the room with the screen again and we watch the movie but the only thing I can think about is how we get out of this hellhole.
Fuck