27. Love shot

"That's great news" Toni shouts out
"Yeah but there are many angry protesters out there. Fangs release is going to make a lot of people in this town very unhappy" Jughead explains  with a subtle tone of scaredy in his voice.

"I don't get this, they would be happy with fangs in prison being falsly sentenced for a crime he didn't commit instead of concentrating on finding the real black hood" I frown and the serpents shake their heads in agreement. "That's not fair" Toni whispers.

If the sheriff doesn't press charges the next hour fangs is good to go. We patiently waited by his side but time passed and the sheriff didn't do anything. One hour later we are ready to go but just a look out the window crashed our plans.

Looks like the whole town is standing in front of the sheriff's station furious about fangs being released.
"Shit" sweet pea hisses "Jones what do we do?"
Jughead turns to the sheriff "we can't take Fangs out the front. We have to take the side entrance" he coughs

"Crowd's there, too" sheriff replies calmly "pick your poison" he walks away.
"What do we do, man?" Sweet Pea wants to know
"I don't wanna die." Fangs whines in a corner next to Toni and me.

Jughead closes his eyes thinking about a new plan "hey" turning around "you're not going to. Look at me, okay?" Jug stutters taking fangs head between his hands. His eyes tearing up nearly breaking my heart.

He's innocent. If anything he loved midge but now he's confronted with a massive wave of rage and fury.  Theres nothing left than praying he's not going to die tonight.

We form a circle "We stand together so none of us falls" Jughead looks around at each person individually "in unity there is strength" he pulls us together "in unity there is strength!" we scream all together but you can hear the desperation our voices are filled with.

We surround fangs, shielding him from all sides and storm out the doors. Jughead and fp leading the way, sweet pea Mark and Luke to fangs right and left and Toni and I shielding him from behind.

People are screaming and pushing. Looking up from the ground I see angry faces and signs saying things like 'keep our streets save' or 'we don't need you here' 'this is for midge' 'dont tread on me' but we push through and pull fangs with us.

At the same time Archie and Reggie were making their way through the crowd, hiding a gun in his jacket. But I couldn't see that.

There was pushing and pulling when suddenly a gun discharges and I look at fangs holding the wound on his stomach but the thick blood pours out. Within seconds another gun goes of and a piercing pain rushes through my leg. Everybody rushes to fangs who sinks on the ground but only a few meter left I see the blood vastly streaming out of my upper leg. A painful "agh" escapes my mouth before I crash on the ground.

I hear someone screaming my name but my vision blurres from the loss of blood. "Julia, Julia no!" I feel hands on me "Get help!" I think it's jughead but all I can see are vague outlines "sweet pea" I whisper before I close my eyes "I'm here" he cups my face but I loose consciousness.

~Sweet peas pov

Her body becomes feeble underneath me. I look up to see Archie and Reggie laying on the ground, a gun in their hands. People start fighting around us but I can't look away from those two and my eyes narrow down in anger.

We rush to the hospital where some nurses and doctors hoist them on gurneys and take to them directly into surgery. Fangs groans in pain "careful" Jughead upset
Toni, Jughead, FP and I stayed while the rest of the serpents were sent away.

Nobody said a word on fear one of them might be dead by now. Hours passed until a nurse came out to inform us
"Are you done? Are they alive?" Toni full of adrenalin harasses the nurse with questions.

"Mr. Fogarty is out of surgery but he's still in a critical condition. He's unstable so we won't be able to tell you for sure" she inhales deeply "and Mrs. Monroe is still in surgery. She got hit at her femoral artery...so her aorta is damaged." She explains and I clench my fists. It can't end like this
it cant. "Maybe you should go home and rest, we'll inform you if anyt-"
"No" I say resolute
"Sweet Pea we should go to the whyte wyrm and tell the others" fp demands.

Reluctantly I get on my bike and head to the bar. Inside everybody awaits us
"Fangs is dead" fp cuts to the chase
In shock I look at him "they said he w-"
"I just got a message from the hospital. He didnt make it. He's gone"
Now I can't hold my rage anymore I clench my fists and punch the beam before I storm outside. Those northsiders are going to pay.

Followed by some other serpents we break into Riverdale high and start vandalizing by breaking doors and lockers and pushing around chairs and desks.

Coming from the first floor I walk down the stairs and pull my knife ramming it into a poster of the godforsaken school, slicing it up while I keep walking.
I throw a table when

"Serpents! Stop!" Of course Archie Andrews comes around the corner with a posse of bulldogs armed with baseball bats.

"Well, fellas. Looks like we found some bulldogs to put down" I grin turning around to the serpents behind me still walking towards Archie.

"Sweet Pea. I swear, Reggie didn't shoot Fangs. It was Mrs. Klump midges mom. She's down at the station" now we stand in front of him, moose and Kevin.
"I saw mantle with a gun" I shout
"Then you also saw me tackle him before he got to shoot fangs." He tries to explain but he doesn't know the truth

"So you didn't shoot fangs. But the bullet that went of while you tackled him hit Julia" I scream at him "and now fangs is dead and Julia is still clinging to life. Now whether it was Reggie or Mrs. Klump who pulled the trigger, a northsiders put them there!" I spat "You took your friends" my voice getting lower now "our land. You'll take everything if we give you the chance" I look down at a bucket full of papers. "So, now you get to watch as we burn your school to the ground" emptying it in front of them before I throw the bucket through a window which breaks into thousands of shards.

They get ready with their bats and we pull our knives but before we get to kick some northsider ass the door opens and Mr. Weatherbee enters with armed men "what the hell do you boys think you're doing to my school?" His voice loud and commanding.

We take off and leave down fernleaf where Mrs. Klump lives but jug catches us and returns us to the whyte wyrm.

"I can't just sit here"
"Sweet Pea. You're staying put" Jones one head smaller than me grabs my collar and pushes me against a wall but I easily push him away "You said it yourself. The ghoulies are back"
"We will deal with them. As soon as my dad gets back-"
"Oh so you're not our leader all of a sudden?" My voice deep and calm "that's right. You're the guy that got fangs and Julia shot"
"Watch it" he takes offense
"You know fangs is dead and Julia could be too by now" my heart stops at that thought "and the ghoulies are out for our blood, because of a drag race you started" I push his chest
"An hour. That's all I'm asking for, sweet pea"

I look at him standing there like he knows everything. I can't stand it anymore so I punch the wall as I walk outside.

When fp returns we gather up again.
"Its time we end the ghoulies scourge and that traitor penny peabody" I pledge "permanently"
"Sweet Pea, two hours ago, your fight was with Reggie mantle. Now you want us to go to war over territory we don't even control anymore? This is Hiram lodges problem, not ours." Jughead explains

"So you're just gonna hand over Sunnyside trailer park" Toni stands up "our home" She points between her and me "to penny and the ghoulies?"
"Toni, I don't want us to die." Jugheads calm voice gets louder with every word "a rumble with the ghoulies? It's a suicide-run."

"It's better than a cowards death"
"Don't call me a coward" Jones steps closer to me. And we start screaming at each other
"That's enough!" Fps voice echoes through the room "i just got a call from the sheriff's office" everybody's eyes on him now. "Fangs, he's alive. I wanted to tell you when the situation calmed down but with this going on..." fp points at us
"And how's Julia?" Tonis voice so small and vulnerable
"Julia, uh..."