51. Love will come through

"Cheryl" Toni gasps between kisses "I have a bad feeling"
Cheryl pulls away, looking at her girlfriend "what should we do then?"
After a quick phone call they meet the other serpents at the edge of the forest.

"But you are a serpent"
"No, just my boyfriend"
Another shock "Betty you are wearing your serpent jacket" I cough. It seems like she has gone completely blank from the whole fear.

"So, tell us what you did to him"
"I really don't kn-"
The guy comes at me with the taser and gives me a shock. I don't know for how much longer I can stand this. Maybe I should just tell them what I know "she really doesn't know- Aah"

I scream in pain from the electricity and bend over my knees but the guy pulls me up again.
Suddenly light flashes through the trees and an arrow shoots into the 'semileaders' shoulder.
"The Serpents!" Everybody runs away and I fall on the ground because the guy let go of me.

"Jug!" Betty cries out loud.
Toni cuts the ropes that tight our hands together. Betty gets up and falls into Jugheads embrace.
I'm still laying on the floor breathing heavily.
Sweet Pea kneels down in front of me "Julia" he touches my shoulder "Julia!"

"Shit, we need help here!" He screams out loud and people come running.
Sweet Pea picks me up bridal style.
I still have my consciousness but I'm so exhausted I just want to fall asleep.

"What happened betty?" Jug asks, his arm around her shoulder.
"The gargoyle gang kidnapped us, they wanted to know what happened to their king. And everytime I couldn't give them the answers they want... They would give her an electric shock"
"We need to go to the hospital" fp demands

"Do you feel better yet?" The nurse asks after she gave me some oxygen to help me breath. I'm sitting on the edge of the bed pressing this thing on my mouth, still shaking but I nod.

"You sure you don't want to be checked up?" Jughead asks betty, who is sitting on his leg. "No, I'm fine, really" she reassures

"This Damn gargoylegang. Thought that they would disband after their king is gone" fp leaning on the wall next to fangs.

"Gone?" Betty questions "What happened to him?"
Fangs scaredly looks at sweet pea who is sitting next to me, his arm around my waist, my head resting on his shoulder.

"This stays in this room. Tall boy was the gargoyle king" fp speaks up since everybody else stayed silent "he's dead now"
"W-what?" Betty looks up to me "You knew that?"
A small and weak "yes" escapes my mouth.

"You could have ended all this... but you didn't tell them" fangs gracious "thank you"
I return a slight smile
"Can we go home" I ask, I just want to sleep.

"Sure you don't want to stay for a night?" Sweet Pea concerned
"No, I just want to go home"
In this moment a doctor comes in, probably heard what I said "we would like to keep you here for 1 night, just to watch over your condition"

Knowing that resistance is useless I nod.
"Can I stay the night?"
"Of course, we'll set up a bed" the doctor answers sweet pea

"Can we stay as well?" Betty asks for her and jug
"This bed is empty anyways"
"But then I wanna stay as well" fangs whines
"Guys, this is a hospital not a sleepover" fp settles

~The next morning

I wake up to noises next to me
"Ah, finally, you're awake" sweet pea notices
"How can you sleep till half past 1?" Jug wonders
"The nurse brought breakfast, do you want to eat something?" Betty asks kindly
"No thanks, I'm not hungry"
"I'll take it" jug offers and betty roles her eyes at her always hungry boyfriend.

"Good morning" the doctor opens the door "I'm just here to do some tests, how are you feeling?"
"Muscle ache" I sigh. I feel like I did a lot of sport yesterday
"That's a normal consequence of electric shocks. May I ask what happened"

"I... got struck by a lightning" I grin innocently
"So that's a no" the young doctor laughs