29. La vie en rose

It's my first week back but fangs is still resting at home. I hobble down the hall with my crutches, Jughead next to me carrying my bag. I decided to stay at his place because sweet pea and I are not gonna get back into a relationship so living together would be weird. I moved way too much since I'm in Riverdale I think.

By the way I really enjoy walking around with joggers in school I could get used to this if it wasn't for my hurt leg. That's why I decided to wear:

It's the last week before winter break and I really need this after all the trouble during the past weeks

It's the last week before winter break and I really need this after all the trouble during the past weeks. Jughead and I turn left into the room with the sofas. I still don't know how this is called.

We greet each other and everyone shuffles around on the sofa to make enough space for me.
"Any plans for the holidays?" Archie asks the round
I guess I'm celebrating Christmas with jug and fp.
"My dear friend Michael Lockwood from NYC is visiting over new years. I want you guys to meet him so I thought we could celebrate new years together" Veronica chirps sitting on Archies lap and everyone nods in excitement.

"But first" Kevin takes small pieces of paper with all our names on it out of his bag "It's Christmas and that means secret santa" he sings and gets up to walk around and everybody picks a name.

I look at mine and of course I had to pick that name.

"Kev I picked myself" I raise my hand everybody sighs and puts their paper back into Kevins hand. He mixes them up. This time I have Jughead which is great because I already have thousands of ideas on what to get him.

"Ok so we meet at pops Friday after school to exchange presents before Josie and I sing some carols" he looks up to Josie who is sitting on the armrest, takes her hand and smiles. I look down on my phone, a message from Joe.

Yo what's up wanna hang out after school? I'll pick u up.

I quickly reply that I'd like that and lock my phone because the bell rings and everyone gets up and sweet pea picks up my bag. Probably, because now we have Spanish together.
"So who'd you pick" he wonders as we head to our class
"Yeah you'd like to know that" I reply chuckling
"Come on I'll tell you mine too" he raises his eyebrow and grins down at me

"Alright I have Jughead, you?"
"Cheryl" I start laughing at the thought of him standing in front of a shelf full if make-up not knowing what to get her.
"That's not funny I really don't know what to get her. Since when do I do secret santa anyway" he murmurs the last part "So maybe you wanna go buy something together after school?"
"Oh I'm already meeting someone... maybe tomorrow?" I suggest
"No no it's alright I'll ask toni" he shrugs his shoulders and we walk through the door of our spanish room.

~3 o'clock

We all walk through the main doors of Riverdale high and I already spot Joe. Saying my goodbyes I walk towards him.

"So this is this Joe?" Sweet Pea questions and looks him up and down.
"Yeah, pretty good looking" Toni grins
"Definitely" Kevin nods in agreement.

"Hey joe" I give him a hug and can literally feel how all my friends are staring at us right now.
"K let's go" he takes my bag and we get going.

We walk inside the 4th camera store because I decided to get jug a vintage polaroid camera, they are not very expensive becausd let's face it
I'm broke.
Finally, I found the right one because walking around with crutches is very exhausting after some time and my leg starts hurting a bit.

"Wanna sit down somewhere?" Joe must have noticed. I nod and we walk towards a small concrete block where I sit down stretching my leg. Joe sits down on the floor leaning against the wall and pulls out a cigarette.

"I didn't know you smoke" I commentJoe lights the cigarette and looks at me "You want one?" But I decline "so what happend to your leg?" I tell him the story when all at once his phone rings and the name Mal appears on his display

Joe lights the cigarette and looks at me "You want one?" But I decline "so what happend to your leg?" I tell him the story when all at once his phone rings and the name Mal appears on his display.

"Your girlfriend?" I tease him but he laughs shaking his head "That's Malachai, he is a good friend of mine" He accentuates the 'he'. Ups

He gets of his call "something happend and I need to meet him but you can join us" Joe offers blowing smoke out of his mouth.
"No, but thanks, I need to go too"
We say our goodbyes and go opposite directions.

~at home

"Hey Julia, Jughead isn't home yet" fp welcomes me, he takes my bag and carries it to jugs room "You smoke?" He wonders laughing a bit
"What? Oh no I don't but a friend" I smile.
Fp nods and proposes, "how about dinner at pops? In the mood for a burger?"
"Never have to ask me that" I reply chuckling.
"Yeah you're so much like jug"

When jug came only a few minutes later we packed our things and headed to pops.

"So on Christmas, what do you kids want to do?" Fp eats some French fries
"Pops burgers at home as always" I agree with Jugheads idea.
"Great, any plans for new years yet? I have a shift so i wont be able to do something but i can offer free food" fp continues
"I'm always down for free food but veronica actually asked if we'd celebrate together at hers" I look at jug and he nods.
The holidays can begin now.