30. Carols

"I'm so happy it's the last day. One week more and I'd suffer from a mental breakdown" I giggle but it's the truth tho.
"I feel you jules" Cheryl rolls her eyes "I'm more than ready to relax at some spa"

As the last day before the holidays it's a half day so school ends earlier and we gather at pops. Sitting on a big table we get ready to exchange our secret santa gifts. It's my turn now so I hand jug his present.

He quickly unwraps it and admires the new camera. "Instax Polaroid 2704 where did you get this Julia?"
"Secret" I smirk I'm glad he likes it but now it's time to open my present.

A set of reindeer antlers, you the ones you can put on your own head. "Thanks kev" I laugh a bit confused while putting it on.
"Ok 2 things first this works great with your outfit"

Work with my outfit? I look like an idiot. A cute idiot but still like an idiot.
"Second" Kevin continues as he puts on a santa hat "you're perfectly ready to sing some carols now" he takes my hand and pulls me out the booth.

Reluctantly I take my crutches and go outside with him and Josie. I don't want to sing but it's Christmas so I decide to not be a grinch and sing some carols.

The others come outside the diner to hear us singing 'god rest ye merry gentleman' and it starts to snow.

~30. Dec.

The girls and I agreed to meet at the Pembrooke to prepare a bit for new years eve.
"So, who is gonna be your kiss at midnight?" Cheryl asks raising one eyebrow "I mean I'm going to find someone anyhow"

"Archie, of course"
I look at betty "You know, now that the whole black hood thing is over, why don't you get back together with jug?"
"I don't know, breaking up with him using Archie..."
"Yeah but he understands in what position you were" Josie sympathises
To back up betty Ronnie looks at me "Well, why don't you get back with sweet pea then?"

The picture of Betty clinging unto his lips appears in my head. "We're friends... it's fine like this" I shake my head but when I look at betty I can see that she is devastated that she ended our relationship. So I try and comfort her "Moreover, I think it's a stupid tradition. I don't need to kiss someone at midnight when I can be with my friends" I take her hand and she returns me a gentle smile.

"Really? What a pity!" We turn around to see a handsome tall guy in a suit leaning against the door frame.
V immediately jumps up from her bed to run into his arms "Charly" she squeaks. That must be her NYC friend.

"Girls, may i introduce my dear friend Charles Lockwood. Of the Park Avenue Lockwoods" her open hand pointing into his direction.
"A pleasure to meet you" I can feel Cheryl melting next to me as his bright shiny smile appears. She stands up while whispering "found it" so he's supposed to be her new years kiss.

"Cheryl of the blossom family" she takes his hand and shakes it with a flirty smile on her face. I chuckle and he walks up to me, I guess I should greet him properly so I get up and take his hand "Julia of the Monroe Fernández family" I imitate Cheryl and the other girls giggle, and so does he "Charles" he says looking into my eyes. His voice charming and soft.

"Why are you in town?" Josie questions
"Our parents are business associates" Charles looks at Ronnie and then in my direction with a smirk tucked around the corner of his lips.

~31. Dec.

"Jug I can't decide on what to wear"
"Why is that so important anyway? Because this Charles is coming?" He teases
"How do you know charles"
"Of the park avenue Lockwood? Veronica told me he was visiting over new years. Plus she told me he must really like you. Like you enough for that kiss at midnight" he wants to start with sweet pea and how we could get back together but I cut him off

"I know for a fact that you and betty talked last night and maybe today it could become more than just talking?" I wiggle my eyebrows and laugh.
"Yes we are back together... how about those jeans" he gets off the bed and hands me a white pair of trousers. I know what he did there but I let it slide
Now I just have to choose a top:

"Charles is gonna love that" he winks and I role my eyes"I don't care besides I think Cheryl is interested in him

"I don't care besides I think Cheryl is interested in him."
"Yeah sweet pea is going to like that as well, if you like tgat better" he sighs "you really don't wanna give the two of you another shot?"
"I thought about it but every time I look at him I see betty pressing her lips on his" my voice full of sadness "and we're friends now so that's ok"
"Whatever, we should get going now"
I know jug still thinks we're meant to be but I can't help it and with a look on my phone i see that it's already 7:48 pm and we're supposed to meet at Bettys at 8.

"You are too late" v reproaches as I hop off jugs motorcycle.
Giving her a hug I say "I know"
"We're always late and you know that" jug defends us
"Come on guys" she pulls us on our hands into the garage
"Wow" they put in a sofa with blankets and chains of light bright up the room making it look really cosy.

The whole gang is here and we're having a lot of fun, drinking, dancing and chatting. I'm talking to Charles when Toni turns on the tv
"Two minutes till the ball drops" she announces excited.

Couples meet up getting ready to kiss "what do you say about being my new years kiss" Charles offers when Cheryl approaches us "may I?" And pushes herself on Charles leg.

I role my eyes at her and sip on my beer when I feel someone staring at me. Turning my head to the left I see sweet pea sitting on a sofa and leaning his arms on his legs. We're surrounded by couples, ready to kiss and my heart screams "Kiss him, it's a sign!" But my brain declines.

Everybody starts counting down the last seconds of this year and finally the ball drops
"Happy New year!" Everyone screams and starts kissing when I notice that sweet pea made his way over to me. Standing in front of me he takes my hands to lift me up and pull me into a hug "Happy New year"