Confessing

Blood was dripping from my shoulders as the man focused on me. I wasn't sure what he had done, but I could tell from the fact that he didn't move but something sharp went through me that he had a quirk of some kind. I kept smirking at him gritting my teeth as he watched me. "Put the girl down."

I saw a glint of hesitation before he regained his composure. "Or what hero?!"

I shrugged with my one working shoulder as I walked forward. "Well, I was going to suggest a better hostage. Perhaps I'd go for a bit more. My parents are pretty well off. You could sell me for ransom or something like that."

I could see the wheels turning in his head as he looked at me and walked towards me. There was hesitation, but I was more focused on getting this little girl out of his clutches in any way I could think of, including sacrificing myself. At the current moment, a situation as a hostage was better than facing Yagi with what came out of my mouth earlier.

The man sized me up before dropping the girl. "Get out of here! I don't need you!" The girl jolted and ran towards the other parents. Her father knelt down and scooped her into his arms and hugged her tightly. A gentle smile graced my lips as I watched their short reunion. My view was cut short by the man stepping in my way though. He glowered at my smile as he grabbed me by the hair and yanked my head back. "The fuck are you smiling for?!"

I winced again. If he pulled any harder, he was going to rip – I tensed. A blade was at my neck. Shit! Where did that come from?! I didn't want to die. Not now. Yeah, I messed up and asked a stupid question, but I wasn't ready to die for the question. My mind went into a frenzied panic, but I did my best to stay calm and collected on the exterior. I turned my gaze to him, in hopes of answering his question. "Saved the little girl. Guess I'm a hero."

He yanked harder and the blade pushed closer to my neck. I could feel the blood starting to drip from not only my shoulder, but now the small cut that was forming from how close that blade was to my neck. He was intent on killing me. I trembled a bit, but did my utmost to hide it. "H-Hey! Remember, ransom? Money? Have to...Have to keep me alive for that."

He jerked my hair again as he retorted. "Shut up! I know what to do with –"

That's when it sounded. That boisterous, booming, absolutely obnoxious and annoying laugh. For once I was happy to hear it. All Might landed down on the playground near us. He loomed over the man who was clutching my hair, the blade on my neck digging in closer as the blood started to get a bit warm and the pain started to set in. I closed my eyes, the pain getting to me finally. As I opened them again to look at All Might, I saw an expression that surprised me. Anger. Pure...anger. His gentle bright blue eyes glaring daggers down at this small man. He immediately recoiled and punched the ground in front of him, the wind pressure alone causing him to release me and me to get the wind knocked out.

I stumbled back, falling to the ground, my neck bleeding and my shoulder along with it. The man who was attacking the children and then me feel backwards as well, further away from me. However, he knew he was more than matched with All Might present. He trembled and ran off, like a dog with its tail between its legs. I laughed but immediately coughed, the blood coming from my neck spurting a bit as I did the action.

I felt strong, sturdy arms hoist me up and leave with me. However, before he left with me, I saw him turn to the parents and children with his signature smile. "Never fear! For I am here!" With that he nodded with confidence and walked off with me in his arms. I didn't struggle, I merely put a weak hand to my neck. However, as I did so, I heard All Might chide at me. "Don't touch it. I will tend to it once we arrive at my house."

His tone surprised me. He was aggressive, assertive, irritated. Well, I guess I did kind of ruin his morning routine and all. I lowered my now bloodied hand from my neck as he carried me to his house.

Once we were inside, he walked over to the bedroom then took a detour to the bathroom. He set me down on the sink counter and started rummaging through the medicine cabinet. He got right to work tending to my neck wound first, applying proper pressure, wrapping a gauze around my neck and then treating my shoulder the same way. He worked in silence, and I decided not to speak for fear of aggravating him more than he already seemed to be.

He finished his patch job of me and stood before me, even sitting on the sink, I was shorter than him. That didn't matter though when he rested his head on my uninjured shoulder and sighed with what sounded like...relief? I moved my head weakly and rather carefully to look over at him. "Y-Yagi?"

He remained there, his head on my shoulder, not saying anything for a long moment. "I was worried when you ran off like that. Are you all right?"

I grit my teeth, somewhat irritated. "Well I had everything under control before a certain someone decided to slam down and join the party!"

His head jerked up as his expression went from relief to anger. "C-C-Civilian Yamane! I saved your life...again!"

I waved my left hand, as the right one would be out of commission while my shoulder healed. "I had everything under control! That guy was going to simply use me for ransom! Had you not come in, I would have had less of a cut on my neck!"

I felt as Yagi grabbed my left shoulder tightly and gripped me. "He probably wasn't going to ransom you! He could have greatly injured you Civilian Yamane!"

I closed my eyes shut tightly as I shouted. "He could have killed that little girl first! I had to do something!"

I felt his grip loosen on me. His large hand released my shoulder and as I opened a single eye to peek at him, it had fallen to his side. "Y-You sacrificed yourself...t-t-to help a l-little girl?"

I bobbed my head up and down carefully as to not aggravate my injured neck giving a reply, "Yes. He had a little girl hostage. What did you expect me to do? Sit there and let her die?! I had to do something! No one was doing anything!"

Yagi hesitated as he shook his head and looked at me. "You're Quirkless and yet..."

I glanced off to the side, avoiding looking at him. "What does that matter? Seems I do a better job at trying to help people than the every day people with Quirks." I attempted to cross my arms to display my aggression, but my right shoulder would not cooperate with me, so I just kind of hugged my side in hopes that it seemed angry and not pitiful.

I heard Yagi laugh as he shook hishead. This wasn't his boisterous laugh. It was gentle, giddy, kind of goofy anddorky. I closed my eyes, letting it envelop me as I weakly moved my head toaffix my gaze on him. As I did, I saw that genuine, kid-like smile on his faceas he laughed. Why was he even laughing? Just a moment ago he was reprimandingme. He waved his hand and placed it on my head, not pushing down, just merelyruffling my dirty blonde hair. "Forgive me Yamane. I forgot, you aren't one tobe underestimated." He grinned as he looked at me, his blue spheres gazingdeeply into my eyes. They were filled with emotion, kindness, gentility. Ididn't even notice that his face was starting to heat up as his cheeks becameflushed. "That's why I like you."