Cutting Loose Ends

After the quick peck Toshinori gave to my lips, I craved more, but my mind was still lingering on the nightmare and the tears. I rubbed my eyes vigorously in a pathetic attempt to quell my tears and stop myself from crying. I heard a gentle chuckle hit my ears as a large hand moved to rest atop my head. I glanced up to see Toshinori grinning at me with an ever-radiant smile. "I-I didn't mean to make you cry Sweetheart."

A pout formed on my lips. "Then why are you smirking?" I uncovered my eyes to glare at him a bit.

There was a jolt sent through his body, I felt it as Toshinori's hand lifted from the top of my head, a few more strands of dirty blonde hair falling. "Y-You just looked so cute. I-I couldn't help myself. Y-You were all f-flustered and s-smiling and you're r-rarely so forward with your feelings and expressions. I-It was a-adorable a-and cute because y-you're adorable and –"

He was babbling again, but I had tuned it out this time. Rather than stop him, I was more focused on the strands of my hair that were below me. There weren't many. Nothing like in my dream, but perhaps this was a sign for the inevitable to come. This was my warning. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear Toshinori call my name, but I felt the pressure his hands were exuding on my arms as I looked up at him with confusion clouding my green eyes. His piercing sky blue pearls stared right into my very core as I glanced the concern behind them. "Ayano...are you sure you're okay?"

I shook my head a moment, shaking myself out of the strange trance I had put on myself. I would need to accept my fate, but I needed to figure out how first. I think I knew how, I just didn't want to do it. Later...later. Toshinori wanted my attention now, and the worry on his face was damn near impossible to miss. I lifted a hand weakly, placing it on his cheek. "Sorry...yeah...I'm fine. Guess I'm just a bit hungry."

That phrase seemed to brighten him utterly. His expression went from worry to overjoyed. "You...Y-You are?" His smile returned as he started to pick me up gingerly in one of his hulking arms, the other reaching down to carry my oxygen tank. "C-Come on! I'll make you something to eat!"

I whined as I snuggled into his arm. "You're so excited for food Toshi...if it weren't for how much you work out, I wonder if you would be fat."

He glanced down at me with a particular look I found rather entertaining on his features. I began to laugh as he sighed and looked away. "A balanced diet is important and healthy. Right now I'm really worried that you aren't eating much of anything. That isn't healthy Ayano."

I snorted at the thought of a healthy balanced diet as I smirked. "Do treats and sweets count as part of your balanced and healthy diet Babe?"

Toshinori's face became flushed with embarrassment as he avoided my gaze. "I-If you must know...i-i-it could be."

"I don't think so. You are pretty heavy, maybe all these muscles of yours are just cakes and pudding cups you ate." I gave a weak poke to his chest, with a laugh. His blue spheres fixated on me with intensity as his face flushed.

I embarrassed him, good. It was easing my spirits as well. I could focus clearly. I felt a bit happier as a sigh left his wonderful lips. "You really do tease me a lot. Anything in particular you want to ea –"

I was sure he was going to ask me what I wanted to eat, but Toshinori's phone started ringing. He quickly set me on the couch and whipped it out before giving me a pained expression. It was the agency, something was happening and they needed All Might. I waved my hand at him nonchalantly. "Go, save everyone and become the Symbol of Peace that you are inside. Be that beacon of hope that you stand for."