Pain Behind Names

After a moment of being wrapped in Toshinori's strong arms, I felt a swift ache in my abdomen. I clutched to him, tensing more than I had wanted to, causing Toshinori to panic and set me down quickly. "I'm sorry Sweetheart! Was I holding you to tightly?!"

He panicked and worried so quickly. I one hand towards him while the other went to rest on my distended stomach, rubbing it carefully. "You didn't. You didn't. Calm down Babe, just the little Sunspot moving and wiggling around."

Toshinori gave a smile towards me along with a less annoying jovial laugh. "She knows how excited we are."

With a roll of my eyes, I moved myself back to sit on the couch. Toshinori followed suit, sitting next to me. I snuggled up to him, his body warm and toned underneath his hero's costume. I could see every rippling muscle. I could feel every inch of his body with my hands if I wanted to. It was fantastic...alluring. But snuggling him was just enough. Snuggles were nice.

Toshinori's arm snaked around me and came to rest upon my waist with tender care. He was always delicate, now more than ever. I shook my head at his overly ginger and gentle touch as I snuggled closer to him, resting my head against his bicep. He held me there, and we merely relaxed in the moment, taking in the peace of the evening. However, after a moment of that peace, I had to question him. "Babe, why don't you change? I can't imagine you're comfortable sitting around your home in that."

He gave a gentle, softer laugh as his hand that was placed on my waist smoothed over me. "I'm fine. We have a lot to discuss now that we know the gender of the baby. I've read that it's important to have everything ready and planned before the big day, so we need to make sure that the room is absolutely perfect for her when she comes home, that way she will want for nothing. We also need to start talking about names. We can't go into bringing her into this world without having a name in mind for her. One we both agree with of course. So, we need to do that, we need to make sure we have all the–"

"Babe. Toshi. Jesus, calm down. You're babbling." I adjusted my position to be on my knees as I leaned over to kiss his cheek. "Though some of what you were babbling about is important stuff we need to do. However, I think the overexcited and over-the-top father-to-be has already prepared the room and bought all the essentials we'll ever need."

Toshinori became a bit bashful as the hand that wasn't now placed on the small of my back moved to rub the back of his neck, messing up his perfectly slicked back blonde hair. "I didn't...g-get everything...w-w-we still need baby formula..."

I gave a smirk at that. "Oh, perfect Dad forgot to buy baby formula in bulk?"

Toshinori's pallor cheeks started to turn a shade of bashful pink as he glanced at me and his eyes drifted down to my swollen breasts. "Well..."

His perfect blue gems boring into me made me embarrassed as I moved my hand to slap him playfully and gently. "Hey, my eyes are up here Hero!"

Toshinori blushed more as his ocean blues shot up to look into my green eyes. "S-Sorry...but um...yeah."

Again, I shook my head, this tiny feeling the swivel of my beanie on my head. "Idiot. Anyway, there is one more thing you brought up that is important. Naming. We haven't discussed names yet. So, since you brought it up first, I imagine you have some names in mind, right?"

Toshinori sat there in silence. He didn't answer me, but his eyes seemed to be searching for something. Searching for what I wasn't sure, but he seemed to be hunting for answers, or staring into something deeply. It was strange. I'd seen his thinking face many a time, this wasn't one of those times. "Babe?"