Meeting the Judgmental Neighbors

The days and weeks passed as Toshinori and I attempted to finish unpacking the rest of the boxes from the move. Toshinori nearly demanded that all the heavy lifting and other such things be handled by him. So, in the days and weeks, I was confined to the couch, as he right out refused for me to sit on the floor, opening boxes and handing them over to him. Nothing was really heavy lifting, but fighting him on the matter wasn't going to get me anywhere.

It did take us a bit to get everything completely unpacked though. While we did spend time on it when we had the time, Toshinori was always on call to save people, whether day or night, and I was spending time finishing up work at Breathing Pollen. Either way, we both were occasionally consumed by other obligations that prevented us from completing our home.

However, within a month, the place was pretty much finished. Toshinori had set up my office for me when he was home during the day a week or so ago while I was at the flower shop. So, I thought today I would make use of it by setting up a few minor decorations of my own, and checking on my shipment of flowers that were due tomorrow. I couldn't wait to finally have the shop open and running. Toshinori got me the place in June and it was November now. It was almost done.

I stared out the window to gaze at the grass in the November sun. Fall was nice, but it was disappointing that I couldn't get started on the garden for my home since the weather was bound to change for the worse and the plants were stagger through the winter weather. It was best to wait until Springtime started to arrive. What to do then? The shipment was still going to be on time, I was done adding my small touches to my office. A picture of me with my parents, a picture of Toshinori being a dork at the movies, and potted plant hanging near the window that gave a glimpse to the outside. Minor touches.

My hand absent-mindedly rested on my miniscule baby bump. It was hardly noticeable, but as the person incubating the little Sunspot, I noticed quite quickly. Toshinori did as well, considering he is a cuddler when he is in bed. He felt it as he ran his large, calloused hands over my sides. He was elated when he did, and since as been resting his hands ever so tenderly on my stomach. Dork.

But still...I rested my hands there because I was somewhat happy about bearing Toshinori's child. I shook my head to get my thoughts away from my heroic idiot and back to the matter of what I was going to do with myself. Gazing out the window at the grass, I decided the best option was to make sure that Breathing Pollen was ready for the shipment and that once it was delivered, I was prepared to open shop and have no hitches about that.

A sound plan. I pulled out my phone, sending a quick text to Toshinori. -I'm heading to Breathing Pollen to prepare for my shipment tomorrow and the possible Grand Opening tomorrow. If I am not home, you know where to find me.-

After sending the message, I made my way out of the office, up the stairs, and into the last door on the left, the master bedroom. I went to the dresser, grabbing one of my beanies. It was a casual day, no need to look cute for anyone since Toshinori wasn't here, and I wasn't feeling up to being a tease. I put my All Might beanie on, checking that I still looked like a decrepit, dying creature in the master bathroom mirror, brushed my teeth, gave a curt nod to the shadow of my former self in the mirror, and went my merry way out of the house.

I opened the door and took a slow, deep breath. I felt the slight struggle of my lungs for air, but it was nothing I wasn't adapted to. Once I had exhaled the life-giving oxygen, I closed the door, locked it and proceeded to make my way towards the gate that enclosed our house. That was until a shrill, high-pitched call disturbed my peaceful pace. "The wife! Finally!"

I looked around to see where the voice was coming from and my eyes were assaulted quickly by a black-haired woman with dark brown eyes hurrying over to her side of the fence. I stared at her in amazement, attempting to process what she had just said. Did she actually say...'wife?' What the Hell did she mean by 'wife?' Was she talking about me?