Morning After

When I awoke in the morning, it was much better than yesterday's wake up call. I was alone, with sunflower petals surrounding me. The candles were out, causing me to assume that Yagi had come in and snuffed them before they burned his house down. That would have been so smooth. I gave a stretch and a yawn as a clambered out of the bed.

I've been wearing the same clothes for a day or so now, and I slept in them...ew...not attractive. Sorry, Yagi, it comes with the territory you have taken. I walked over to Yagi's dresser, pulled out a clean white shirt and put it on as it draped down a bit past my knees. I smiled contently as I took off my personal clothes and bunched them together. I scanned the room for a hamper, put my clothes in, and left the room.

I could smell...food? Was he cooking? I walked down the hallway appearing in the living room and glancing over to the kitchen. I rubbed my eyes groggily as I gave another yawn. "Good morning Yagi...what are you doing?"

I could see his gigantic figure in the kitchen, a white tank-top on and some boxers as his ears turned red and he quickly turned around. "Y-Y-Yama..." He stopped as he stared at me again. He was staring at me like the first time he caught me wearing his shirt. I started to feel my own face heat up as I watched him staring at me. After a moment of awkward silence, he coughed into his fist and turned his head away. "G-G-Good morning Y-Y-Yamane...why are you...wearing my s-s-shirt...?"

I looked down as his shirt slide off my shoulder a bit revealing my pale, punctured shoulder. I could see the blood starting to seep through the gauze that Yagi had put there. I made my way over to him, nervously placing my hand on his. I was embarrassed, flustered, but if we were...boyfriend and girlfriend, this was a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

The moment I took his hand, he looked down at me with an intense gaze and blush. "W-What are you d-doing?"

I smiled up at him with an awkward and somewhat bashful blush, "Holding your hand stupid, we're dating."

He gave a slight hesitation and choke before nodding. "Yes, yes..." He gave a gentle squeeze of my hand and I leaned myself against him. My left shoulder leaning into him. He focused down on me, seeming to relax after a few seconds of me doing this, that was before he noticed my pale shoulder and the bloody gauze. "Yamane!" He quickly and abruptly put down whatever it was he was working on making and picked me up.

As he did, I squealed and immediately wrapped my arms over his shoulder and around his neck to hug myself to him in a panic. "Yagi! What the H-Hell?!"

He ignored my pleas as he walked me to his bedroom and then straight to the bathroom. I started struggling, thinking this was another weird thing that Midnight person told him to do before he placed me on the sink counter again and lifted my chin up to look at his wonderful blue eyes. However, I didn't get to look at them long as he went to examining my injuries from the attack I had suffered yesterday.

He worked on unwrapping them gingerly as I watched him work. There was such focus, determination in his eyes, but I could see the pang of sadness as he completely unwrapped my shoulder and neck. The shoulder was still kind of bad and looked bad, but my neck...well...I couldn't see it so I didn't know. I remained silent as Yagi's hands trembled a bit, rewrapping my neck in gauze and as he finished looking up at me with such sadness and desperation in his cool blue eyes. "I'm...so sorry I couldn't get to you in time...I promise I'll –"

I cut him off, placing my left hand over his mouth. "Yagi, no vows. We're not getting married and we just started dating. We haven't even kissed yet." I glanced down at his bandaging job on my shoulder and then back up to him. "Thank you, Yagi." I nodded at me and picked me up again. I started wiggling again. "Y-Yagi! I can walk just fine; my legs aren't broken!"