25: DESTRUCTION

Discord server, if you're interested: https://discord

Discord server, if you're interested: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

~

Everyone but Izuku was shocked to watch explosions ring out across the arena they had just left. Buildings crumpled in clouds of dust, towers toppled while wreathed in smoke, and mountains collapsed down to earth. People emerged from the rubble, revealed to be professional people-in-need-of-rescue, also known as the Help Us Company. They had fake blood smeared over their faces and scrapes in their clothes, giving the scary illusion of a real disaster.

Everyone started to move once the announcements had been made, filing aside in small groups with faint, nervous chatter filling the air. His own classmates were already starting to mutter amongst themselves, delegating duties depending on Quirks and talents.

"Hey, Yoarashi," Shouto called, taking a few steps after the other student.

"Hm?" He responded quietly, pausing and glancing over his shoulder with an uncertain expression that was half-hidden in the thick white fur around his neck.

"Let's do our best," the boy said, offering a slight nod.

Yoarashi's face split into a grin and he pumped both of his arms, nodding back so enthusiastically it's a wonder he didn't injure himself. He turned on one foot and dashed out after his classmates when they called to him, leaving Shouto looking faintly pleased. Izuku was about to go and praise him, but then he noticed Kacchan slinking to the sides with the crowds, and he hastened to catch up with an apologetic smile cast over his shoulder at his other friend.

"Kacchan, wait!" He exclaimed, putting his hand on his rival's shoulder and feeling the muscles tense dangerously under his touch.

The boy came to an abrupt stop, roughly shrugging off the palm and glaring cautiously. "The fuck you want?"

"If you want to pass, tone down the swearing and the shouting," Izuku advised in a low, warning tone.

"...fine," Kacchan snapped, already setting off again with a slouched, impatient posture.

The walls unfolded once more, unveiling the scene of destruction and releasing the children into the wild to test their skills. Everyone dashed off simultaneously, most people heading towards the city where it was presumed most of the civilians were. A few rushed aside to flat ground, away from the worst of the danger, and started to set up a temporary medical bay. Izuku kept pace with Tenya, nimbly avoiding debris as they entered the urban area while simultaneously observing for injured bystanders amongst the wreckage. He paused when he heard wailing, cresting a pile of broken concrete to see a child crying on he ground.

"Help!" The child sobbed. "My grandpa...! He's been crushed...!"

Izuku winced at the memory of his tactlessness last time, but luckily for him he now had over a decade of rescue experience, and was very used to reassuring people caught in disasters. With Tenya and Ochako flanking him and the rest of their classmates following, they carefully picked their way down to the civilian.