53: SUPPORT

The anime left off at such an awkward point and the smart thing to do would've been waiting until it was covered in full in season 5 to include it, but when have I ever been smart? So yeah,,, I just dipped into the manga to get the details and wrote out the scene. I was really excited to include this idea, okay ): It may have messed up the already fucked timeline by including it here, but honestly??? Who cares!! We're havin' fun in this fic tonight, ladies!

so yeah, beware manga spoilers ahead

Anyway, take care of yourselves, you know the drill. Enjoy the chapter!!

Discord server, if you're destruction, decay and desire: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

~

Izuku rubbed at his aching shoulder, letting out a sigh as he trudged along. His whole body was sore and his muscles had definitely been torn in his reckless fighting against High-End. The chaos had drained him, but he couldn't find it in himself to regret reassuring all those terrified people.

He forcefully straightened up, pushing his shoulders back and raising his chin to walk with confidence, ignoring the sparks of pain in his joints with every movement. It would likely fade after a good night's sleep, and if it didn't, then he'd go check in with Recovery Girl. Right now, he just wanted to go home.

Faint light spilled across the gate, cast by lamp-posts lining the front path of UA. Three figures stepped into the entryway, and after a tense moment of panic, Izuku recognised them easily and offered a wave whilst mentally preparing himself for the scolding of a lifetime.

"Midoriya," Aizawa greeted flatly, his arms crossed and his hair tied back.

"Sensei, good to see you," Izuku responded cheerfully, offering nervous finger-guns and glancing at the other two adults lurking. "Toshi-san, you're looking well. Mic-sensei, I almost didn't recognise you with your hair do-"

"Don't try to change the subject," Aizawa cut in, stepping in the way when the boy tried to slip past.

"I followed your rules," Izuku started hesitantly, then mentally shook himself and steeled up. "I asked for permission earlier, and I warned you before I left. There was no League directly involved, and it wasn't a particularly dangerous mission, and I had the support of other heroes on scene. I understand you're worried, but there's no need to berate me every time I step in, because – I mean, really, I'm always gonna throw myself into fights to help people, and you'd run out of breath before you finished scolding me."

"My boy-"

He gently pushed past his mentor, rubbing his face with a hand. "It's not something you're going to stop me from doing, which I thought we'd covered last time. I'm sorry for stressing you out, but I'm technically a Pro Hero – and nearly your age, Aizawa-sensei, Mic-sensei – so fights like this are part of the job, no matter that I'm somewhat limited by my younger body. Besides, the new suit is a whole lot more supportive, and my Quirk didn't even hurt me, even when I used it at higher levels to dodge safely."