58: PEPPER

Oh, shit? This is the last chapter of this arc??? I- uh... Whoa. Thank you so much for reading, cuties. I hope you've been taking care of yourself!! Now, enjoy the finale (:

Discord server, if we've got these days of summer: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

~

Izuku and Ochako sprinted down the corridor, a pizza box clutched in her hands and a wide smile printed on both of their faces. At some point their mad dash had turned into a sort of race to see who could reach their teacher's dorm room first, both kids using dirty tactics and trying to trip one another up, but too experienced to get any results. She skidded to a halt, briefly letting go of the box and letting it float in the air next to her whilst she took a few moments to recover her breath. Izuku lightly knocked on the closed door, snatching the box and childishly sticking out his tongue at his friend as she tried to swipe it back.

The door opened. Aizawa took one look at them squabbling, then closed the door again.

"Sensei, no!" Izuku exclaimed between laughter, stuck in a headlock courtesy of his best friend.

"Let us in!" Ochako added, rubbing her knuckles on the boy's skull until he relented and passed back the box. "I want to see my suit! We spent so much time designing it, and it's finally here!"

There was a heavy sigh from within, and a second later they were pulled inside. Aizawa stepped away, slumping back into the chair and tucking himself under the desk to continue working. The kids shared a glance before Ochako's eyes lit up and she bounded over to where a small silver case was sitting on top of a night-stand by the bed, snatching it up and fumbling to open it, practically vibrating with excitement. She impatiently shoved the pizza box back to Izuku to open the case quicker.

Just like Oni's suit, hers had bands to go around her wrists and ankles, as well as small blocks to go behind her ears. She hastily fumbled to attach them all in place, then picked up a necklace with a black chain and a chunky circular pendant that had white details, staring at it for a moment before letting it rest around her neck. Izuku stepped forward to grab the remaining strip in the case, and she obligingly turned around so he could pull up the back of her t-shirt and stick it over her spine. Pinpricks of white light illuminated along the faint wiring, and it gave a soft hum as it acclimated to her body.

"We should get wands to transform," she commented wistfully as she examined herself.

"Oh, like magical girls?" Izuku responded with a giggle, still holding the pizza box in one hand.

"Exactly! Wouldn't that be so much more exciting than just-" She pressed the button on her bracelet, and the armour flooded out from each piece, building over her clothes and body until she was encapsulated in a suit- "that, right?"