SUMMONERS: EXECUTION VS RESURRECTION [5/5]

This fic was a fun challenge for myself tbh. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I (mostly) enjoyed writing it!!

Eat, sleep, drink, break, medicine... take care of yourselves (:

Discord server, if you're going down, down, in an earlier round: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

~

"So, you're the damn people who've been stalking me," the villain growled after an age of silence.

Aya was still in his grasp. Tamashii only had eyes for her the entire time they'd been led along: he had no idea where they might be. They were in a room where the only light and air came through narrow, barred windows at the top of the walls, casting a faint, ghostly grey over the interior. There was a dark stain on the concrete floor that was probably blood.

"I knew I wasn't just paranoid," he commented with an unpleasant bark of laughter that had his hostage close her eyes, tears slipping down her freckled cheeks. "You made me waste so much time... Who are you, anyway? Dumb hero course students? You just look like some stupid kids who are in way out of your depth."

"Who are you?" Tsukina deflected, practically vibrating with fury where she stood next to Tamashii.

"Oh, you're in no place to ask things of me, girl." He tightened his hand until Aya made a choking noise.

Her girlfriend made a panicked noise, holding up her hands in surrender, yellow gaze flitting between Aya's face and her neck. "Okay, okay! I'm sorry! Don't hurt her."

"That's more like it," he said smugly, loosening his grip and eyeing them calculatingly. "You know, I'm actually glad that you're here, now that I think about it. I've been wanting to practise my Quirk on humans, but it's such a pain to get volunteers without drawing attention to yourself. What better way to practise killing heroes than to kill some kids playing hero?"

Tamashii clenched his hands into fists to hide the shaking. "Well, if we're going to die anyway, why don't you tell us your motivations?"

"Yeah, isn't that what villains do? The classic villain monologue? Telling people your tragic origin story?" Datto added, his voice audibly trembling despite the fire in his gaze.

One of Aya's hands dropped from her throat, slowly inching towards her open coat pocket. The villain grabbed her arm and wrenched it away, making her face screw up in pain.

"Ah-ah-ah, keep your hands where I can see them – and tell me your Quirks, while you're at it," he snapped, fingers digging into her neck, skin lightening under the tight touch. "You first, boy."

Datto's worried gaze flicked sideways towards his friends, before he dipped his head in submission. "Rush. It's a weak speed Quirk."

The villain snorted. "Useless. You?"