EASTER SPECIAL: HOP

Happy Easter you nerds, take this cute chapter that's pretty much just Kouda contemplating Midoriya!! Don't eat too much chocolate and get sick!! And stay hydrated!! I love you!!!!

 Discord server, if you wanna see Lys and Dragon violently flirting: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

~

Kouji tried to fight back his panic, hands fiddling together at an impressive speed. He cast a hopeless glance around the messy room, with bedsheets torn off and thrown, scrunched-up, into a corner, cuddly toys sprawled on the wooden floorboards, desk and chest of drawers pulled away from the wall, and sheets of homework placed haphazardly on the seat of the office chair. It was good that there was barely anything to disturb since he'd only just moved in, but it wasn't the mess he was worried about: Yuwai had gone missing again.

The white rabbit had run off before, and it was only thanks to Izuku and Bakugou's unlikely teamwork that Yuwai had been retrieved before he could vanish forever. Really, it was indescribably lucky that both boys had finished Present Mic's English classwork so quickly, and that the ever-devious Izuku had somehow managed to persuade their teacher to let the pair rush back to the dorms with a flimsy excuse. Perhaps it was more miraculous that Bakugou had actually gone without much complaint.

Was it possible that Yuwai had escaped before in Izuku's timeline and the boy had deemed it important enough to replicate the rescue? It definitely seemed like the sort of kind-hearted thing he'd do.

Everyone was probably asleep by now, and Kouji was unwilling to wake them up just to search for his mischievous rabbit. He himself had only just woken up after having been asleep for only an hour or so. The sight of the ajar bedroom door had made him panic, knowing that he'd shut it before he went to bed, and he had instinctively looked over his room to check for intruders, only to realise Yuwai was missing. Ten minutes of blind panic and one destroyed room later, there was still no sign of his beloved companion.

There was no way he was going to be able to get back to sleep until he knew Yuwai was safe.

Kouji reluctantly crept out into the corridor, tip-toeing along and squinting at the other dorm room doors to make sure they were all closed so he could rule them out as somewhere his rabbit could've hidden. A strip of soft lights were set into the floor against the wall to illuminate the path and guide him safely. On each floor, not a creature was stirring, not even a rabbit.

He emerged into the dark common room, unsettled by how eerie it looked in the glow of the silvery moonlight casting through the large windows. Cushions warped into beasts and monsters lurked in the dark shadows. Kouji tried his best to shrink in on himself, minimal bravery bolstered only by the desire to find Yuwai. It was that determination that kept him padding through the room and investigating even the spookiest of corners, softly calling out his rabbit's name as he peered around, trembling within his cotton pyjamas. He cautiously lowered himself into a crouch to take a peek under the table, gaze skimming the floor for suspicious fluffy shapes, only to freeze and stop breathing as he saw a figure standing out in the common room, silhouetted in the glow of the moon.

His heart felt like it was going to explode inside his chest, and it was only thanks to all the experience he'd had that he didn't immediately sprint from the room while screaming: after all, if he could face his fear of creepy bugs, he could easily handle a potential villain lurking in their school. No animals were around and he didn't have his phone on him, so it was up to him to take down the enemy to make sure all his friends were safe while they slept.

A jolt of hot-cold adrenaline pulsed through his chest – what if the villain had Yuwai?

Kouji focused on that protective rage and stood up suddenly, drawing himself up to his full height to look as imposing as possible as he strode towards the villain, who shifted and tensed up. If this person had hurt his innocent rabbit in any way-