SUMMONERS: MURDERED MURDER [2/5]

Eat, sleep, drink, break, medicine... take care of yourselves (:

Discord server, if youuu'reee,,, excited about the new bfu season (and the new bnha season, but that goes without saying): https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

~

Despite the spooky encounter, life went on as normal. None of them had dared mention the incident to anyone, partially because they were still in shock that it had really happened, and partially because they didn't want to draw attention to themselves or the possibility that Deku might not be truly dead.

Perhaps that might've been wishful thinking.

Tamashii had taken his advice and researched local places that worked with animals, asking if they would help him out. Only the vets had been willing to take him on as a sort of internship. He'd been working there for a few weeks, predominantly doing small chores like taking out the rubbish and fetching things. A few times, on their breaks, some of the vets had asked him to use his Quirk, curious to see what he could do. Spectral animals sprinting around the room forced him to drop his Quirk rapidly, but allowed a few docile dogs to remain.

It tended to disturb people to see dead things, so Tamashii was glad he could put his Quirk to good use.

"Reijuu-san," his supervisor called quietly. "Come here, please."

"Coming, Nenchie-sensei!" He responded, placing down his notebook and heading into the man's room.

Two unexpected people were there – likely a young couple. His hazel gaze drifted over to the metal table, expression saddening when he saw the still form of an old dog. The vet lightly patted the boy on the back, offering a solemn smile.

"Reijuu-san has a Quirk that can let you say your final goodbyes, if you'd like," Nenchie explained softly.

The couple exchanged a tearful glance before nodding stiffly. Their hands were tangled together, squeezing so tight the skin had gone white. Tamashii called upon his Quirk, the symbols on his skin illuminating with an ethereal cerulean that rose up in stretched droplets. He sifted through the smaller, dormant spirits, letting his glowing palms hover over the cold body to focus himself. A warm thrum of energy sang to him, and he tugged on it, moving his hands aside as the form shimmered and a ghostly dog sat up. It gave a happy bark, hopping off the table and wagging its tail so hard its whole body swayed too. There was a choked sob, and Tamashii politely looked away.

"We'll give you a few minutes," Nenchie said gently, leading the boy from the room and closing the door behind them.

Tamashii had never considered himself a particularly emotional person, but even he was struggling to hold back tears. His supervisor gave a sympathetic hum, sighing heavily and patting the boy on the shoulder.