28: CRIMINAL

Discord Server, if you wanna see me type "ah fuck, the sun" every five seconds as i look directly at the sun, like a dumbass: https://discord

Discord Server, if you wanna see me type "ah fuck, the sun" every five seconds as i look directly at the sun, like a dumbass: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

~

"So," Oni drawled, something in his modulated tone making Aizawa tense suspiciously. "How's your class?"

"You trust him enough to tell him about your class?" Present Mic raised his eyebrows, peering over the top of his tinted glasses in surprise. "Wow. I'm amazed – I think he'd just knock out anyone else who asked. He must really like you, Oni."

"Both of you, be quiet," Aizawa huffed, pressing his knuckles against his temple as he glared down at the street.

"Oh, come on, Eraserhead. I want updates on your favourite class." The white eyes on Oni's helmet squinted in a mischievous smirk, and he didn't even flinch under the intense glare aimed his way.

"We're supposed to be surveying the area," the man ground out frustratedly, his shoulders squared with irritation at his two talkative team members.

Oni raised a finger before flashing away, blurring through alleys before leaping back onto the roof a few seconds later and settling himself on the ground. "There's no-one here."

"Well, all the kids are getting along well. They're all smart and talented. Bakugou could do with some anger management lessons, but there's no denying he's improved since the final exams with Midoriya, and they seem to have been on better terms the past couple of days. Speaking of Midoriya, that listener..." Mic shook his head in amazement, a genuine grin pulling at his mouth. "I've never known anyone quite as incredible. Not only is he powerful and motivated, he's also calm and friendly, as well as impressively studious and intelligent – really, all he needs to do is get better control of his Quirk and he'll be the perfect hero. He inspires and motivates his classmates in a way I've never seen before, and I'm so glad he chose to come to UA."

"He's also a massive trouble-magnet and a pain to deal with," Aizawa deadpanned, his lips pressed into a thin line as his patience was tested.

"Don't pay attention to him! He adores that kid," Mic said in a stage whisper, leaning over to Oni, only to get pushed to the floor by Aizawa, but he was quick to roll onto his stomach and contentedly beam at his friend. "Actually, I've mentioned the changes Midoriya has caused amongst the students, but I forgot to talk about the influence he's had on the staff. All Might absolutely loves the little listener, and I've even heard rumours of Midoriya being All Might's secret child. Nedzu himself seems interested in the student, and he's even commented on the kid's cleverness, which is a true testament to how exceptional Midoriya is."

Under the helmet, Oni's cheeks were hot with a blush. He hadn't expected Mic to go off on such a biased tangent, and he wasn't sure what to do with himself in the face of such direct praise. The boy shifted his position nervously, sliding into a sprawled kneel across the concrete roof and trying to act as if he wasn't about to spontaneously combust from embarrassment. Aizawa had a smug little smirk tugging at the corner of his lips, seemingly staring right through the helmet and taking great joy in the kid's suffering.