55: OCHAKO'S INTERLUDE: REWIND

Yeah, you know what goes down here. You been stayin' hydrated, buddy? Take care of yourself. You're worth it, I promise.

You guys wanna hear a fun fact? Since this chapter was written a year ago, this first part was based upon the original prologue, with a few alterations, and I then rewrote the prologue based upon this chapter! (actually now that i think about it,,, i just remembered, i had the banisher fight from ura's pov written out ages ago, over a year, just in case i found a place to put it..... whoa, man)

Enjoyyy the chapter!

Discord server, if hhhgg ohh god the emoTIONs: https://discord.gg/DSBF4d

[it wont let me add a gif what a SCAM]

gg/DSBF4d[it wont let me add a gif what a SCAM]

[okay finally jeez]

~

There was precious little evidence to go on, but Ochako had some free time, and she wanted to help out the police force on the case to make sure no-one else got killed by Banisher. Aizawa had lent his capabilities to seeking out information in his free time, but, well...

So far, there were four reported victims, the first of which was an innocent cat – what kind of monster killed a cat? - and the most recent was Dentou Hajiku, an average office worker who never came home from work. Since Banisher was so elusive, it had taken some time to connect all the incidents, all thanks to the hard work of officers who scanned through hours of security footage, interviewed potential witnesses, and examined the minimal evidence they had.

He'd been getting away with it for weeks, but now they'd finally got a lead on his general vicinity. Ochako had teamed up with some underground heroes to spend a few days and nights patrolling the area and narrowing it down, finally catching a glimpse of the average-looking man as he slipped between buildings and immediately calling in back-up. Police rapidly set up a perimeter and the heroes spread out to cover the quadrant, keeping an eye out for villains who might've been allied with Banisher.

They didn't know his Quirk; they just knew he was dangerous, and there was never a struggle. Ochako knew she was supposed to be a brave hero, but as she stared up at the abandoned building that concealed the villain, she couldn't help the shiver than ran down her spine. This villain had killed so many people so easily, without a single bit of property damage or the usual flair that normal villains tended to prefer: he was silent and efficient, and for him to look so ordinary... it made her uneasy.

She moved to glance at the lead investigator, biting her lip and fiddling with her fingers. "Uh, do you..." She hesitated, steeling herself, because now was no time to be nervous. "I can go in and search from the top floor down to flush him out, but I think it'd be safer to have a second hero to search from the ground floor and up, just in case I need quick back-up."

The officer fixed her with a hard look, before eventually nodding. "Alright. We need to get this guy locked up, so we need all the help we can get."