35: PERFORMANCE. (April Fool's! [2])

,,,13.6k words, oops. This chapter took a week to write because a) i barely had a plot and had to hastily piece something together as i went along and b) i can only really write about 2k words a day before my wrists hurt too much.. but, thank god for physiotherapy comin' in clutch and easing up my wrist pain so I can write for longer periods of time again!!

Anyway, you guys excited for the new arc of Ticked Off?? This bitch has been workin' hard over the past month or so to get everything written and finalised, so I hope it's worth the wait :3c

As the kids say, holy shit, RobinsDraw made a fuckin awesome animatic plot summary commentary vid of a bunch of good (Ao3) BNHA fics, including Ticked Off!!! It's so damn good, dude. Please, go check it out if you have the time. I love the art style so much,, there's clearly so much effort gone into making it and oh mAn you've gotta appreciate that.

And uh. Stay safe at home, okay? These are wild times we're living in, and I thank everyone who's still working hard to keep the rest of us safe!! You're amazing and ily <33

Enjoy the chapter, cuties (:

Discord Server, if you're toxic i'm slippin under: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

~

It came back to him in pieces.

The faint sting over his arms and forehead. The bitter scent of petrol smoke filling the air. The wavering sounds of- of... something he couldn't quite make out yet.

Izuku had been similar situations enough to calm himself and work through his sluggish thoughts. At the very least, he knew he wasn't in a hospital, but by the aches and pains over his whole body that were rapidly rising to the forefront of his mind, he was clearly injured. There were flashes of blood and a smile and an explosion and-

Toshinori! What had... had he...?

Hands jostled him and he let out a moan of pain, consciousness slipping through his grasp before he yanked it back. Hissed swear words and sharp orders came from nearby, and the voices were- they were familiar. More memories of empty eyes and cold grins and harsh laughter sprung up.

Was it a dream? It must've been. He probably got injured somehow whilst fighting and had a weird hallucination about himself and his friends being villains.

"Stabilise the bleeding!" Momo barked - that was a familiar phrase. "Izuku-san, can you hear me?"

He attempted a response, but the words fell into incoherency when his lips wouldn't move properly. Something cold pressed against his forehead and he let out a sigh as the burning briefly subsided. More hands gently ghosted over his body, and he flinched whenever a new spike of pain was triggered.