HOLIDAY SPECIAL: WARMTH

Oh, I was not expecting to get this done in time, partially bc I didn't start writing it until like,, the 22nd, partially bc my wrist pain is bad again bc I keep Plus Ultra'ing to get projects done like a dumbass, and partially bc I'm hyperfixating on another fandom again, dang I'm so predictable-

But anyway. Yay me for managing it!!

Idk how good this is but it's kinda cute so uh happy holiday season!! Hope you enjoy whatever you're doing, and if you don't, I hope this chapter made it a little more bearable (:

Discord server, if you want a sweet place to spend the holiday: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

(And to all the cuties already in the server... *blows u a kiss* ily)

 *blows u a kiss* ily)

~

Mina bared her teeth in a triumphant grin as she violently slapped her card down onto the others on the carpet. "Snap!"

Kaminari groaned with his entire body, tilting his head back and leaning so far into the motion that he toppled onto the ground. He let his arms flop to the sides, legs kicking out and sending the pile of cards sliding into disarray. Mina merely cackled at the sight, shoving his socked foot off her lap and cheering at her victory.

"This is unfair," he whined pathetically. "How are you so good at Snap? It's inhuman! I haven't even won a single round, yet!"

"Then you'd better get good, you loser!" She jeered, scooping up the cards and rapidly shuffling them with both her pink hands.

"Can't you just take pity on me and let me win?" He lifted his head slightly to gaze at her with pleading amber eyes that weren't effective in the slightest, because she was cool enough to resist such underhanded tactics.

"I believe that defeats the purpose of a competition, Kaminari-kun," Iida interjected from where he sat on one of the common room armchairs, sipping orange juice from a glass and flipping through a wad of index cards.

Kaminari groaned again, dragging himself back into a sitting position in a way that made it very clear he was displeased with the way things were turning out. "This is so unfair..." He repeated bitterly.

Mina paid no heed to the scrub's pitiful grumblings: a queen didn't concern herself with the words of a peasant, after all. She rapidly dealt out the cards between them again, then sat back and rubbed her palms together menacingly.

Honestly, Kaminari was so easy to win against, she didn't even need to pay attention. Instead, she let her amber gaze flit over to the other occupant of the common room. Midori was sat on the sofa, one leg drawn up to rest an intimidating-looking textbook against, his focus on the boring pages completely unwavering even as Kaminari shrieked in frustration when the girl one-upped him with ease. A glass of water lay forgotten on the low table in front of the sofa.