30: PROGRESS

This is the real chapter 30!! Last chapter was an April Fool's joke

This is the real chapter 30!! Last chapter was an April Fool's joke. I'm,,, actually kinda surprised so few people called me out on it??? And I can't help but wonder why? Did you not realise the date? Or did you just not think someone would be dumb enough to write a whole goddamn story as a joke?? I'm not being snarky or anything, I'm genuinely curious,,

Honestly I feel a little bad because everyone was so enthusiastic about that wild Villain AU twist but,,, it was all false,,, I lied to you, I'm sorry,,,

But anyway uhh,,, here's the real chapter and the Discord server, if you wanna join the xamily and get adopted by Xult mum Ness: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

~

The bed was soft and warm. A thin blanket was draped over him. Izuku didn't know how to feel about the fact that he recognised he was in Recovery Girl's office without even opening his eyes. He kept still, listening to his surroundings and doing his best to recall what had happened.

Someone shifted nearby, presumably in a chair next to the bed. A heavy sigh followed the movement, deep and ragged and stressed, and – ah, yeah, that's Aizawa. There was a slight weight on the mattress next to where he lay, indicating the man was probably leaning on it somehow.

"...you called me Izuku," he croaked out in realisation, forcing his tired eyes to open so he could blearily squint at the dark mass to his right.

"What?" Aizawa lifted his head from the mattress, brushing his hair from his face.

"When I was..." Izuku glanced around the room, trying to find the words. "...out of it, you called me Izuku, not Midoriya."

The teacher blinked slowly, pulling himself up into a proper sitting position with a soft groan. "You weren't listening to me."

"No change there," he quipped with an attempted smile.

Aizawa snorted, languidly reaching over and grabbing a glass of water to hand over. "Drink. You almost died."

Izuku clumsily fumbled with the glass, just about managing to take a sip. "How long have you been here?"

He shrugged with one shoulder, scratching at the scar on his cheekbone. "Not long. Recovery Girl wouldn't let anyone see you until a few hours ago."

"And... how long have I been here?" The boy asked hesitantly, downing another mouthful of wonderfully cool water as he looked out the window at the reddening sky.

"About a day," he responded tiredly.

"Ah," Izuku muttered. "I missed a lot of lessons... People must've been worried..."

There was a pause while he downed the rest of his glass, placing it on the side table and briefly assessing himself. No bandages or pain, which made sense, because it seemed like the pain was somehow inflicted mentally, leaving no lasting physical wounds but enough stress to cause negative effects.