30: MASQUERADE. (April Fool's! [1])

Discord Server, if you're prepared for me and Zea violently flirting half the time: https://discord

Discord Server, if you're prepared for me and Zea violently flirting half the time: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

~

"What the fuck, Deku?"

Izuku froze, jolting into unwelcome awareness and the aching that came with it. He slowly uncurled from his crumpled-heap position on the cold, stone floor. Kacchan frowned down at him, arms crossed, eyes narrowed, and wearing an outfit that was entirely foreign to Izuku. His childhood friend aggressively offered an arm, and after a moment of cautious deliberating, Izuku clasped their hands together and pulled himself to his feet.

Well, he wasn't anywhere familiar in the past or future: the room was cold and mostly shadowed, with a desk and three illuminated computer monitors on top, all showing different things. Izuku guessed that he'd just fallen off the chair, since it had tumbled onto the ground a few feet from him. There were bookshelves that lined one short wall, filled with books relating to Quirks and heroes, and two shelves filled with his Hero Analysis for the Future notebooks. The most abnormal thing was the distinct lack of hero merchandise. There was nothing aside from a book open on the desk that seemed to be about All Might's life, pages covered in post-its with manic notes scribbled over them. A bed with plain covers was tucked in a corner, too neat to have been used recently.

He squinted, glancing back to the face that should've been comforting, and yet... Something wasn't right. Kacchan's face was sharp and defined, the lack of baby fat suggesting he wasn't a young teenager - which, okay, yeah, that was a lot more obvious when Izuku looked at his height and muscle mass. His black button-up shirt was tight around his biceps as he crossed his arms again, crimson gaze silently demanding an explanation, but Izuku was more concerned by the fact that Kacchan was willingly wearing a red tie. It was loosened with the knot over his chest and the top two buttons of his shirt were still undone, but... the tie. Kacchan never wore a tie...

"Are you gonna just stare at me like a dumbass or are you going to explain why I heard you scream like you were being murdered and writhing on the floor when I came in?" The teen snapped in a rough tone, so similar to how he sounded in the future.

Izuku leaned sideways, blinking at the scorch marks and broken hinges. "...did you break down the door?"

Kacchan exhaled sharply through his nose, pushing his knuckles against his companion's chest a little too violently to be considered harmless. "I thought you were fucking dying, of course I broke down your stupid door. Answer my question, Deku."

He glanced down at the offending hand, trying not to show any outward reaction as he took in his own appearance. There were black gloves on his hands, and he wore a white dress shirt underneath a dark waistcoat. The tie wrapped under his collar was done far more neatly than he'd ever managed, even after Aizawa had exasperatedly attempted to teach him more than once. His skull thrummed with pain as he automatically reached up to tangle his fingers through his hair, and he pulled the hand away with a subtle wince.