50: GENTLE CRIMINAL

I hope you're doing okay! Don't forget to eat & drink if you haven't for a while, take your medication on time, and go to sleep if it's late! Enjoy the chapter <33

Discord server, if you're waking up to ash and dust: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

~

Both of them froze up. Gentle let out a soft sigh, slowly reaching up towards his face to remove his mask and sunglasses. He dropped his cane on the ground, keeping his head dipped enough for the brim of his hat to cast a shadow over his features.

"You're a very perceptive boy," he commented, tucking the glasses in the pocket of his trench coat. "La Brava, start filming. I presume you've known this entire time, correct?"

"I've seen a few of your videos," Izuku confirmed with a one-shouldered shrug. "Please, don't make a move on my school. It wouldn't be very gentlemanly to ruin some kids' excitement."

"La Brava, there's been a change of plan," Gentle said lowly, grabbing a fistful of his coat. "From this moment on, no matter what happens, don't stop the camera!"

"Of course, Gentle!" She agreed, a note of anxiety in her tone as she raised the pink video camera. "But, but! Are you going to fight? Here? Do you think that's a good idea?"

"We don't need to fight. We can settle this with a polite conversation," Izuku suggested, still remaining in a casual stance but not dropping the threatening smile.

La Brava's eyes widened behind her tinted glasses. "Wait, I know you! That's Midoriya Izuku-kun – he broke his bones in the first-year Sports Festival! And then he was compared with All Might by Stain! He's strong and crazy!"

"Ah, I see my reputation precedes me," he said cheerfully.

Gentle glanced him up and down apprehensively. "I would say you don't look like much, but I know that looks can be deceiving. Would it be too hopeful to ask for you to step out of our way so we can continue with our plan?"

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Gentle-san," Izuku denied, letting his arms drop back to his sides.

"It seems we've reached an impasse," the criminal commented, sparing a glance at the camera. "Dear listeners! The grand adventure of a man of extraordinary talent is starting."

He tore off his trench coat, throwing it to the pavement as he tilted into a slight bow, one arm spread out and the other held across his chest. A large circle of air in front of him rippled faintly, and he put on a charming smile.

"Oh, that's a very flattering introduction of me. Thank you!" Izuku beamed, giving soft applause muffled by his gloves.

Gentle's expression twitched irritably, but he continued with his speech. "Don't be so dazzled you look away – I am the gentleman thief who will save the world: Gentle Criminal!" He turned to his short companion, making eye contact with the camera. "In this current predicament, I'll keep it brief. This time..." He dropped onto one knee, framing his chin with his thumb and pointer finger. "I tried going into UA!"