40: WORK STUDY

Me: *nervously admits my insecurities*
You guys: ❤💛💛💜💚💕💗💝💛💙🧡💖💖!!!
Me, already crying: ,,,,o h,, th,,ank y ou,,,,,

Look after yourselves, and don't forget to eat, drink, sleep, and medicate regularly!! ily <33

Enjoy!!

Discord server, if you also deal with your problems by just having a breakdown and solving nothing: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

~

The time couldn't pass fast enough to sate his growing desperation. As expected, it was explained that they were going to be spending that day's work study doing patrol and surveillance to keep an eye out for Overhaul and try to work out what the Eight Precepts were doing. Izuku did his best to hold back the glare as he was faced with the villain's picture. A muscle in his jaw twitched, and he lifted up the metal mouth-guard to conceal half his face.

He remained quiet as they left the building and headed out onto the streets. Togata shot him a sideways glance, concerned, so Izuku made a conscious effort to let the tension fade from his body until he looked fine again. A couple of girls approached them, walking the other way.

"Oh, heroes!" The one with bunny ears exclaimed happily. "It's the boy who was in the UA Sports Festival on TV."

Reflexively, he flashed a Deku grin and waved at them, amused by the way their cheeks flushed a faint pink and they smiled shyly back. Both duos passed each other, and Izuku felt just a bit more assured in his capacity to handle the situation without going totally feral the second he had to face Overhaul.

"You're good at this. Did you get experience from your last internship?" Togata inquired as he strode alongside the boy.

"N-not exactly..." He hesitated, smile shifting into more of a grimace. "My first patrol was going to be in Hosu, but..."

"Oh," Togata hummed in realisation. "That's when the Noumus attacked, right? And you were called out by Stain, too! Certainly more eventful than my first internship, that's for sure!" He let out a bright laugh. "Well, it's a good thing that Sir and Bubble Girl are the ones actually watching the target today, then, no matter how capable you seem. I bet I can teach you a bunch of stuff - just stick with me!"

They continued on a little further down the street. Izuku kept his breathing steady to remain calm as they approached the fated alleyway. Togata's cheerful march remained unchanged. A few more civilians pointed them out to their friends.

And then...

Something bumped into his hip. Izuku twisted to steady the girl - god, she was so tiny - with his palms gently around her shoulders. She trembled under his touch, eyes squeezed shut as if she was still expecting to fall back.