Dorm Life

Anzu had followed the boy with the sour attitude all the way back to the dorms. They walked the whole way and not once did he look, speak, or acknowledge her existence. She followed silently behind, admiring the scenery. She couldn't believe just how large the campus was. How much money did this school make exactly? There was practically a forest on the outskirts, and everything inside had some form of greenery. She really did want to talk to the boy. Find out what the living arrangements would be. What kind of stuff she had to catch up on. But she knew for a fact she was exhausted, and wasn't in the mood to get her head ripped off. She felt like a lemming following every move of her classmates. Still, she couldn't complain. This was the life she had hoped for for so long. She couldn't be happier. When she thought this, something uneasy clung to her. She had no idea what it meant, but she chose to ignore it. When they finally reached the smaller dorm buildings, the boy stepped inside, turning slightly and holding the door open just a portion. He made a quick flick with his head, telling her to hurry. Still not a word. He was awfully silent for someone supposedly so angry. When she stepped inside he closed the door behind her and started immediately up the stairs. She didn't know what to do. She wanted to explore the dorm and find her other classmates, but at the same time she wanted to follow her new roommate. She rather disliked phrasing it that way. She stared at the bottom step, lost in thought. She had no idea what would be the better decision. Should she just leave him alone? He clearly didn't want to talk to her.

"C'mon I don't have all day." She heard from up the stairwell. That was the most she had heard him speak. His voice was so... sharp.

"Coming!" She called rushing up the stairs and nearly tripping. That was when she saw the door of her new dorm.

When the door opened up, she saw a navy blue room with two sectors. One was a kitchen and a bathroom, the other was a bedroom combined with a living room and office. It was incredibly spacious compared to the one she had had all this time. He went over to the window and unraveled the red curtains, revealing a terrace. She was shocked by how plain it really was. There was one or two pictures of a famous superhero she'd never heard of. A camouflage colored comforter with a red throw blanket. There was a small chair in front of an even smaller TV. Next to it, a silver desk. She wondered how someone with so many choices of colors and items would want such a barren room, but to each their own, she assumed. At this point she didn't know what to do. She just stood, right smack in the middle of the room. She was worried the situation would be awkward but she couldn't think of anything to say.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asked removing a soda from the fridge. She jumped, he was ridiculously quiet. She had no idea he had gone behind her and into the kitchen. Once again her words got caught in her throat.

"No thanks... I'm okay." She said smiling nervously. He simply closed the fridge and sat down in his chair. She assumed he was going to turn on the TV but to her complete and utter dismay he turned it in her direction. She could feel herself getting flustered.

"So... Anzu was it?" He asked giving her a judging look. She nodded yes, trying to think of something to do to fix the confrontation, but nothing came to mind.

"Look, I-i'm sorry that this happened, if I had known I wouldn't h-"He cut her off.

"I don't care." He said curtly, sipping his soda like it was a scene from a mob movie and he was deciding what to do with her. She didn't like that at all. She knew her face was growing red. He was just... agitating.

"Alright well if you don't care then would you mind telling me the rules here so I don't break any of them?" She asked changing her stance. If he didn't want to be friendly that was fine, but he could at least tell her what to expect.