Taken

Anzu left at one in the morning the next night. She had barely slept a wink the night prior. How could she? For all she knew, she could be arriving at her death sight. She took a train away from the U.A. campus, then a bus, then walked to the destination. It was her first time... outside really. She nearly drove the bus driver mad trying to figure out how to use Aizawa's money, nearly missed her train, and to top it all off took an hour to find the actual street. She wasn't cut out for this... at least not yet. Any form of training would've helped, but she had just dove headfirst into an entirely different world. To think she could conquer it in one night was absurd.

While traveling, Anzu also had plenty of time to think. The more she did, the more worrying her situation became. She was told to leave the day after she got the news. That had to mean it was urgent. They asked probably the most under qualified student to go, meaning she could be a last resort. Whatever the reason, her anxiety grew with every step. Anzu knew it was dangerous to hover over the destination, in fear of attracting attention, especially so late at night. Instead, she walked into a near by 24/7 coffee shop and ordered a caffeinated drink. She was hoping the magical brown liquid could somehow bring her back to life, but the warm coffee simply made her drowsy and reminded her of Bakugou. She felt an overwhelming sense of guilt for leaving without telling him. What if she never came back? What would he think? Did she mean enough to him that he would grieve? Her heart grew heavy and dull. If he didn't care... her disappearance would mean nothing. So that was the reason. If she died, her family couldn't sue U.A. The media wouldn't know... the students would get over it. After all... they never even knew what her quirk was. Anzu swallowed the scalding liquid with a gulp, wiping her mouth with her sleeve. She never even got to say goodbye. A great thought really... to think no one would care if you died right before you go on a suicide mission. Anzu shifted in her seat and looked at the time. Two o'clock exactly. With a heavy heart, and a mind that was slowly becoming quick, she began next door. The caffeine hadn't completely kicked in, but it would begin to do the trick soon. She needed her reflexes back.

The location was in a pretty rough part of town. People in baggy, mud soaked clothes walked around with begging cups, drunk and high teens littered at every corner. She fit right in with her big, shady cloak. The specific building was completely torn to shreds, the wall paint was crumbling and the balcony looked about ready to fall off and hurt somebody. Dead flowers were in a box at the top, dried out from years of neglect. Something told her they belonged to the residents before this, or at least they looked old enough to be. There were several empty beer bottles and pizza boxes strewn all over the sidewalk. Anzu shivered. How could someone live like this? None the less, she cleared her mind. Focus. The first thing she needed to figure out was entry.

She crept around back, looking for unlocked windows, a back door maybe... anything. Luckily for her, the first window she tried popped clean open without a sound. Anzu released the gallons of breath she had been holding for what seemed like forever. Opening a window was risky, especially if it hadn't been oiled in a while, but she got lucky. Quietly hopping in, she closed it behind her, landing softly on her padded boots and making no sound. If these people were as smart as Aizawa made them out to be, they would probably notice if the window was open. Luckily for her, no lights seemed to be on, so she blended in with her surroundings perfectly. Anzu crept to the doorway, identifying the place she was in as a kitchen. Oddly enough, it was more like a college dorm than a villain lair, but hey... villains got to eat too right? Anzu nearly tripped over a shattered beer bottle, had to walk ridiculously slow as not to step on any of the takeout boxes. Every single creak in the floor spiked her adrenaline and her heart beat was so loud it drowned out everything else. Anzu could go the direction of the living and bathrooms, but decided to go down a long hallway instead.