Tears Bled Dry

BEFORE THIS CHAPTER STARTS, I WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE A DISCLAIMER. This chapter is very sad. And it is meant to be that way. But I would like to let you know that this is NOT THE END. This is simply a small trial in the story, and is by no means where it all comes to a close. So before I lose more subscribers I would like to inform you that this sadness shall not last more than maybe one more chapter. So please just bare with me till then.

Hi! Before I start this chapter I'd like to give a special thanks to a friend of mine, who contributed this awesome piece of fanart, I really love it, the person next to her is my friend's personal OC and I think for someone who just recently got into digital art it looks awesome😁Thank's so much to her, and I just wanted to share this awesome piece with you, and without further ado, I hope you enjoy!

"Katsuki?" He heard the words cut right through his drowsy state like a dagger to flesh. His brain was started and he blinked open his eyes to see Anzu in front of him. Ever since her conversation with Aizawa, though she tried to hide it, her eye had been blaring scarlet all after noon. Even now, in the middle of the night it had gotten even brighter, casting shadows along the quiet walls. He responded to her in a throaty hum, not having the will to give a full fledged answer. It was too hot for him under the stuffy covers, especially when Anzu was clinging to him like white on rice, even though she was a practical ice cube twenty four seven. "You know how I promised we'd stay together? Somehow?.... . . . I don't think that I can keep my promise." Her voice was quiet, just above a whisper directly in his ears, for his thoughts alone to hear. At first he didn't know how to respond... he knew she was right. He knew the chances of them being together in the end were slim to none. It would take a literal miracle... but this wasn't just some writing in a novel. It was real... and he couldn't tell if a happy ending was even an option. However he did know that hearing her sound so defeated sent hot coals along the back of his neck.

"Then I'll keep it for you. I'm not losing you to something so fucking stupid." He said, pulling her even closer, hoping to block out the terrible thoughts that plagued him. One being; Don't make promises you can't keep. He felt her get as close as she could as the last embers remaining in the fire pit died down to void and all that was left was the remnants of each other. "C'mon you know I wont let us get separated." He said, tasting the lying tone in his own voice and fighting the desire to spit it out. He felt her look up and peeked open an eye to meet her gaze for a fleeting second. Both of their eyes said the exact same thing, hers a bit glassier than her counter part's but none the less it would be a lie to say he wasn't fighting it. "Don't look at me like that... I promised you didn't I? You really think I'd break that?" He asked, running his thumb on her cheek, begging to give her some form of comfort, despite the inevitability of the situation.

"It's not something in your control..." She said, catching her breath in an attempt to calm her heart as it beat quickly from all the anxieties that kept popping into her head. She had become so reliant on him that the idea of anything else made her want to just fade into the air. Like loose sediment and take to the wind, hoping that some way, even a fragment might re-unite with him. It all sounded silly now that she thought about it... but at this point anything sounded better than that white room. "I'm so sorry... I should have neve-" He shushed her quickly and planted an aggressive peck on her forehead before pulling her practically under him.

"Just shut it. I regret nothing, and neither should you." He scoffed but she could sense the bit of false hiding in his tone... and so could he. They both had quite a few regrets about that night. Although Katsuki wasn't aware of it, he was clinging so tight Anzu had trouble breathing, but she was too afraid to let go than to speak up. They both finally shut their eyes, but before Katsuki drifted back into a dull sleep filled state, he remembered the small words she had said to him, barely legible against the wind. And as he processed the words a softer kiss was given to him, better than all the ones before... simply because both knew it was their last. And as she pulled away, he figured out what she had said.