Preparing For A Field Trip

As September fell into October, the seasons began to change. Leaves turned to an auburn red, and class 1-A had begun to develop their quirks even further. In the expanse of one month, Anzu had gained complete control of her quirk. After the bug experiment, new discoveries showed up every day. She could completely choose which nerve she wanted to shut off, and how to maintain the balance between the others. The most important thing that she learned was the fact that her quirk was temporary. Depending on how long she held the nerve in sight during the constellation faze, decided on how long it would last outside of it. It also depended on how many people she was using it on. Anzu also discovered two main flaws in her quirk. One being that it took at least thirty seconds of direct eye contact for it to work. If that was broken in any way, she would have to repeat the process all over again, the only exceptions being animals. For animals the entire process was different. They had much fewer nerves than the human nervous system, making it easier to control. The second flaw being, if her eye were to be covered while in the process, she could run the risk of short circuiting her own nerves, causing permanent nerve damage. This could also be caused if she overused it. She had been studying about fighting techniques for a full month with the help of Bakugou. She still hadn't beaten him in hand to hand combat, but she was coming shockingly close. In her spare time, she worked on her physical traits. She had formed a decent amount of upper body strength and stamina. She was nowhere close to the rest of the class, but she was training at twice their rate, and with any luck she would catch up soon. After the two Bakugous incident, there were no more attacks. Whatever had come, decided to never come back. For that she was glad. Overall, she would have to say the best part was her new appreciation for her quirk. For as long as she could remember, it was a mistake. An accident. Now however, she really felt she could make a difference. She could save someone's life. She would trade her own life simply to do that once. To know, that someone out there is still with their family. And that someone, can do whatever they want. They can go anywhere in the world. Places you cannot. And think of all the tears you saved. The thought made her smile. In the end it would be worth it. All of it.

"Alright listen up." Aizawa ordered from the front of his class. He shuffled some papers together on his desk, glaring up at his students like their very existence was annoying.

"Unlike last year, our week long training camp will take place somewhere much more disclosed. We chose this spot specifically for the harsher weather and terrain." He clicked a button on his remote, projecting a mountain smothered in snow on the white board.

"It will be cold. And wet. So bring what's necessary. If you don't have winter clothes I suggest you go buy some. That's all." He finished, and to everyone's shock falling flat on the floor. Nearly the whole class jumped up at once, only to see that he fell into a yellow sleeping bag. Well he certainty seems happy to be going. She thought sarcastically. She didn't care though. She was so incredibly excited she could barely contain herself. For as long as she could remember she had wanted to see the snow and the mountains she read all about in her history books. She couldn't wait to feel the soft snow on her hands. She wanted to know what it would feel like when it melted. Would it happen right away? Was it actually water? Why do people catch the flakes on their tongues? She couldn't wait to see the monstrous proportions of it all.

The entire day seemed to drag on forever. She was remembering what Aizawa had said about it being cold up in the mountains. She knew that everyone had versions of their suits designed for snowy weather, but she had just turned in the model for her suit, never mind a warm one. About the only thing warm she had in her wardrobe was the hoodie Bakugou had lent her. And she wasn't even supposed to still have that. She didn't have the money to buy clothes either. She would've said something to Aizawa, but he seemed pretty agitated he was getting sucked into another field trip, and she didn't want to bother him. So she just decided to be cold. She actually didn't mind the cold that much, proffered it much more to the heat anyway. Anzu had also grown accustomed to hanging out with the group that the class dubbed Bakusquad. It was composed of Bakugou, Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari, Mina, and now the new addition of Anzu. She could tell Mina was ecstatic that she was no longer the only girl in the group. For hanging around so many guys, she still did have a taste for girly stuff. She walked back from school with them everyday, and sat with them at lunch. It was kind of funny that they were considered the group of rebels. Every single person in it except Bakugou were still some of the nicest people she had ever met. She had also gotten pretty close to Yaoyorozu. As she walked home with her group, she noticed them talking about the previous field trip. Apparently it hadn't gone over well, and she had heard from Kirishima that Bakugou had been kidnapped by the league of villains. She had been warned not to bring it up to Bakugou because apparently it was a sore topic. Something about his role model retiring. She was also told that was why he was being even more of a jerk than usual. She would have to keep that in mind when addressing him.