-25 Below

Aizawa blew his whistle. Anzu halted, nearly smashing into the back of Bakugou. The freezing air she had been sucking in burned her lungs, she suppressed a bout of coughing. This was torture. She had no idea her face could be numb with cold yet the rest of her body could be sweating and on fire. They had been running up the mountain since six in the morning. Her sweatshirt still hadn't dried since last night. Not only was she running in the bitter cold, but she was wearing wet clothes while doing it. She had layered on four short sleeve shirts, and wrapped two around her arms. It kept her warm, but a little too warm. She didn't know if the heat or the cold was worse. Kaminari, Kiri, and Anzu were all at the back of the bunch. Kiri and Anzu had both caught a small cold. The scenery was a lot less beautiful now that she had been running in it for hours on end. Finally, when they reached the bottom of the mountain, it was only noon. They still had three hours left of training. Aizawa paired groups up for hand to hand combat. Because it didn't apply to quirks, this would be the first group exercise she did with the class. She wound up getting paired with Izuku. She had heard from Bakugou that he was famous for watching fighting techniques and adapting a style from the information he learned. Lucky for her, He had never seen her fight. And she heard that a lot of his combat skills heavily relied on his quirk, she didn't know if she believed that though. Bakugou seemed to have it out for him for some unidentified reason. Rivals maybe? But she caught him glaring at her. She knew what it meant. Lose this and I'll kill you later. She rolled her eyes. That seemed to piss him off. He got paired up with Uraraka. She had watched a tape of the previous sports festival to become familiar with her classmates quirks. Uraraka had been beaten up pretty badly. She gave Bakugou a similar look. If you don't play nice I'll kill you later. She said, smirking at him, purposefully trying to make him angry. It was so easy to do that it was always tempting. After that small exchange she turned to Midoriya and they shook hands. His grip was shockingly loose even though he was clearly built.

"Wait." She heard Aizawa yell. Anzu turned around just in time to be hit with something. Aizawa shoved an article of clothing into her hands, the same for Midoriya. They were the first team up in the outside ring. Anzu unraveled the clothing. What was this? All Midoriya had been given was a pair of black shorts. Anzu had been given the same pair of shorts and a black sports bra that reached to her midsection.

"I want you to fight in the cold. Hurry up and change." Aizawa mumbled, taking his perch from the sidelines. Anzu looked at him like he was crazy. It was negative twenty five degrees below zero.(-31.6 Cel.) And he expected them to fight in less clothing than she would, even if it was warm. Anzu stomped into the changing room. This was insanity. She sneezed again, she really wasn't doing well since last night. She assumed her immunity wasn't used to the weather change. When she was finally got into the outfit, she was shaking. She would kill for some sunshine right about now. As if to spit on her prayer, a little canopy of snowflakes began softly falling. Midoriya and her came out around the same time, both shaking. She caught the sympathetic and fretful looks coming from her class mates. At this point she didn't care if she won or lost. She just wanted to go home and drink something hot. Midoriya gave her an awkward smile, taking a ready position. She didn't pay much attention to him on school grounds, but she did notice him smiling quite often. He was around a man with blonde hair and skeleton like facial features quite often as well. She assumed it was a mentor. The whole class seemed to like the guy.

"Go." She heard from above her. Anzu waited for Midoriya to make the first move. However he seemed to have the same idea, so nothing happened at first. Then Anzu slowly realized she wanted to get the jump on him. She swung her head to the left, trying to fake a punch, then swung right, she was about to plant a fist in his jaw but he caught her in a block. He planted her to the ground, but she aimed a kick to the back of his knees, taking him down with her. He landed on top of her, but she was more prepared than he was. She raised her fist up, grabbing his arm and twisting him over. But he was a lot heavier and stronger than he looked. He pushed up with his knees, giving Anzu just enough time to hop off. They were both back on their feet in no time, covered head to foot in snow. Her breathing came out in rasps, her throat becoming sore. The air in the mountains was sharp and frigid, not like the humid air they had at U.A. Midoriya, made the first move this time. She was about to throw a left hook, but he caught it before she had time to think otherwise. It was like he read her mind. She was taken back, and he landed a blow directly to her stomach, knocking the wind out of her. She tumbled to the ground but somehow managed to stay in the ring, with not an inch to spare. Now she wasn't so happy, now she just wanted to end it. Anzu cracked her knuckles. She jumped at him again, faking right but swooping down coming up, clothes lining him in the neck. She grabbed him in a headlock and swung around. She was about to throw him out of the ring, but he caught his legs in the snow. He swung around and-