Wait For Me

"Katsuki?"

Anzu had to take a moment to register, her quickly beating heart slowed to stop upon looking in his gaze so soon after she had lost it all. Though she knew it was fleeting she had even prepared what she wanted to say, the thousands of things she wanted to apologize for and tell him about. However, the second she looked... the second she really saw him again, her mind drew a blank.

"Yeah no shit Sherlock, who else?" He grumbled, pushing her make-shift spiked gauntlet away from him with a wary look in his eyes. He could fight it but she could sense the overflowing happiness coming out of him. I missed him so much... I... I don't even have the words. Her eyes began to well up but it wasn't even something she noticed. She wanted to slap him for doing something so risky and stupid, but at the same time she had never been so happy to see his recklessness actually pan out. "You just gonna sit there?" He asked, gesturing to how she was just splayed on top of him, but it seemed her mind still hadn't caught up to her physical body. However the movement brought her back and the first thing she did was hug him so close she wondered how his rib cage remained in tact. Her heart throbbed in her chest simply hearing his raspy voice...

"You stupid... fucking... This could ruin your chance of being a hero... I missed you damn it." She said, wanting the water to stop trailing but to no avail. He was able to sit up despite the pressure coming off of her and pulled her into him, everything he had worked for paying off in the end. He knew he didn't have much time... and he knew that this exchange was fleeting. But he also knew how worth it it really was to see her smile at him. He missed those eyes and cute smirk... her freckles. He missed hearing her voice, and the way her words were harsh but meant something so entirely different. He missed having her in his presence... in his arms like every night at the cabin. He hadn't slept more than two hours a night since then, and from the looks of her he felt she could say the same.

"Does it matter? It's okay because I'm here now." He knew she couldn't understand the reference... he knew she could never know how much those few words had meant to him for so long. To say those to someone he cared about, to tell them the thing he had been working as hard as he could to get the chance to say. To be a hero. To be living reassurance. To strive. Just like All Might...

Anzu knew immediately how priceless this very second was, the fleeting sound of his heartbeat once more, the smell of caramel she remembered from all her days in the dorm. The rough and softness of his voice intermingling when he couldn't quite figure out his own emotions just yet. She just couldn't keep thinking to herself how much she missed him... how much she wanted to apologize and how much she was begging to tell him, but it was like her mouth just couldn't form anything. Speechless. As she reached her fingers up she could feel his hair on her fingertips and remembered how it was back in the cabin. Everything was so quick now, just a second of time that meant the world to her could cost so very much, she could barely tell if it was even worth it. Just being in his presence was enough to answer her wishes, but at the same time she had promised herself she'd think of him first. Well if that's the case... this truly was a costly decision. She desperately clung to the hope he hadn't been caught. After that, she simply focused on all the things she wanted so desperately to tell him. So many things popped into her head at one time she almost felt overwhelmed, but after a quick consideration she understood exactly what she wanted so badly to tell him.

"Katsuki... I am so. sorry..." She began, her voice catching in her throat when she was finally able to tell him what she thought she never could. He pushed her shoulders back just a bit to look her dead in the eyes, his grip shockingly warm through her clothes. It looked as if he was searching for something but didn't find the thing in question.