A Guest

Two nights before trial. Anzu's Cell.

Anzu began counting the minutes the second the power went out. She was shocked no one had noticed the fact that in their 100 years of history as being one of the most safeguarded containment facilities with no such thing as a circuit trip, never mind a power outage, they hadn't found it a bit odd that in the past month they have had about five. None the less she patiently awaited for him to pop through the air vent, looking as exhausted and infatuated as ever. It seemed like the longer they had to live apart from each other the harder it became to say goodbye. The last time Katsuki made it out by the skin of his teeth before the red light of the security camera popped on, nearly missing him as he crawled back up into his hiding place.

Her momentary thoughts came to a halt when two black boots peeked out of the air filer, revealing the hooded figure she had been awaiting. She felt the familiar bubbly feeling in her stomach upon seeing him, wanting so badly to be close to him but knowing she had to wait a tiny bit until he could get his bearings.

"Took you long enough. Had me worried for a bit." She said, her tone wearing a smile that he couldn't see due to the dim lighting. How was it her voice sounded even better every time he came here? It was quieter... more cautious but still made his heart throb none the less.

"That's your own fault. Like anything could go wrong when I have a steady goal." He said, feeling the tugging of his sleeve behind him. When he turned he could faintly see her figure, back to that smaller skinnier state he remembered from when she first came out. He assumed they didn't give her decent food and made a mental note to bring some different types of food to keep her sustained next time he came. He felt Anzu's fingers intertwine next to his and his fondness of her over grew his ability to hold up his image. He turned around and scooped her up, noticing her sudden shock and finding it a bit cute. She even felt lighter than he remembered. This damped his excitement just a bit, and she seemed to notice because she ran her thumb over his cheek.

"You okay? Why are you so quiet?" She asked, and he could practically see the concern etched in her eyes without having to actually see. He could feel himself wanting to give in to her hand, losing his ability to think straight. He had almost forgotten what it was like to be lonely but now that he was back at the dorms it was like his purpose for living was missing. Kirishima helped him through a lot of the tougher nights but it didn't keep the insomnia away. Didn't keep the silence ringing in his ears away. The only thing that kept it away was the thing he had in his arms but even these moments were fleeting.

"I'm just sorry it has to be like this... that's all." He said, his tone growing sharp, not directly towards her but the entire legal system in general. He couldn't stress enough how unfair he thought this all was. His momentary thoughts were ground to a halt when he felt her shift a bit, and without warning he felt her leave a kiss right next to his collar bone. All at once his ability to think straight came to a crashing halt and he could feel the warm in his face begin to rise, his cheeks growing tight. Anzu seemed to notice the sudden reaction and moved away, trying to get a better view of his face.

"Sorry, was that bad?" She asked, feeling a bit embarrassed, not knowing what came over her. His reaction was so different from the confidence she was used to, she was worried she had done something wrong and reminded herself not to do it again.

"No. No.... I'm just. You haven't really... I guess I didn't... Uh." It seemed like the correct words refused to come to him as he suddenly remembered how strange it was to be this close to another person. Especially so... small.

"Yeah I guess I haven't really done something like that before... sorry I should've asked." She said, hoping she made up for the surprise she must have given him. She had never seen him flustered before, but she might've enjoyed it too much. He was so confident and poised all the time it was cute to see him so shocked.