Intelligent But Clueless

Anzu shut the door of the dorms behind her. Another long day, and all she could show for it was homework. She sighed, removing her shoes and climbing up the stairs taking at least thirty seconds each step. She couldn't say this new schedule was doing wonders for her mood either. She happened to be incredibly sour due to lack of sleep and experience. If one more person asked her to do something, she feared she would attack them. When she finally reached Bakugou's room, she flopped on top of her makeshift bed. Unfortunately for her, there wasn't a mattress so she practically fell face first directly onto the floor. Anzu was too tired to correct her mistake, so she just stayed there. Eventually, she drifted into some strange form of dozing. She was still awake, but her mind had been completely shut down. She had tried again that day to focus her quirk on Aizawa, but she ended up with the same result as well as the same muscle pains. Her second day of school, and she already felt hopeless. Some self esteem I have. She thought, tracing a circle on the wood floor with her finger. A little later on, she heard the door crack open but she didn't bother moving. She couldn't care less. Then she realized who it probably was, and shifted around just enough to see him. He had clearly just come back from some form of training. He was soaked head to toe in either sweat or water.

"Geez did you go swimming or something?" She asked turning her head back around. She got a mumble in return. She couldn't make it out but she didn't care enough to tell him to speak up. He went ahead and showered. Meanwhile Anzu got her homework done, procrastinating between every question. She was clueless when it came to being a hero. So much more went into it then she had anticipated. She had to know practically every medical procedure in the book, learn how to direct crowds, and learn hundreds of fighting techniques. She was enjoying it, but the amount of free time she put into it was exhausting.

"Move. You're in the way. " She heard the voice from behind her. She moved around and saw Bakugou in nothing but some shorts. She then realized she had chosen to do her homework directly in front of his dresser. Without knowing how or why, she could feel her face grow hot.

"S-sorry." Anzu sputtered, scrambling to get up. She collected her things, piling them on top of the kitchen counter. She didn't know why but the color in her face wouldn't dissapear. The exhausted teenager flipped open her book and pretended to study, hoping to leave the awkward situation behind.

"We don't need to study that yeno." He said leaning over her shoulder. She slammed the book shut in surprise. Too close. She had opened to a random page, she had no idea he would notice.

"O-oh I just thought I would study ahead because... I missed some stuff in the past and wanted to catch up." She lied. It took her a few minuted to realize that that statement made no sense. He eyed her curiously but didn't seem to notice.

"Right, speaking of studying I need to catch you up for extra credit, so hurry up." He said walking over to his desk. To her dismay, he had put on an incredibly tight shirt, not helping her current situation. She awkwardly moved towards the desk, taking her books with her. This was about the last thing she wanted to do. She pulled up a chair and sat down.

"So what do you know about Japan. Anything?" He asked flipping through his text book.

"I know a decent amount." She said, trying not to sound like she knew what she was talking about. Studying was about the only thing she could focus her time on. The only entertainment she got was from history books and mathematics. She had had a strange knack for them since she was a kid. They had her study up on human anatomy the most. She never understood why. . . Until now. It was because they wanted her to become a hero from the start wasn't it? They were playing her, teaching her secretly how to pinpoint certain nervous systems. Something welled up in her she didn't know she had. So lock up the animal, train it, then use it to do your dirty work? Her heart started to pump. She had always felt resentment towards them but this? Give her zero hope her whole life, make her think she'll be locked up forever, just so that she couldn't say no.