A Six Year Apology

Hi! Before I start off this chapter I have another piece of fan art I wanted to display from a reader. I love her art style, If you want to check her out her Quotev name is Isa, and she also writes a BNHA fanfiction called Burn In Ice, If you'd like to check it out (Which I encourage you do) You can find it in my library! Thanks again to Isa, and without further ado, I hope you like this week's chapter.

Anzu was woken from her restless sleep to feel a strong hand on her shoulder, penetrating the dark and instantly removing the fog from her head. At first she didn't know what it was and nearly jumped out of her skin, but stopped short when she saw two familiar grey eyes glaring down on her. She recognized the mysterious figure as Aizawa and immediately felt a wave of relief wash over her. She had no idea why he was waking her up so early, with a foggy undertone as the dawn skyline shown through the window. It was probably around six in the morning, but due to the blizzard she couldn't quite tell anymore. Everyday seemed to have two times of day. Night and dawn, no in between, no rest as the wind screamed and fought it's way into the cracks of the cabin. It was getting colder, now that the comfort of December had past, it left January a stormy and frigid mess. To top it all off, she was going to have to trudge through snow up to her waist at six in the morning to get to the damn generator, with no guarantee it would even get up and running again. Aizawa nodded to her and walked out, leaving the door slightly ajar, as well as her thoughts. The whole point of leaving this early was so that Bakugou wouldn't be angry they left without him... she tried not to think about what he would say when she got back. No doubt in her mind he would be pissed... but she hoped it wouldn't be worse than that.

Using the shaft of mellow light coming from the hallway, she quickly and quietly squirmed her way out of Bakugou's embrace, the familiar guilt of last night creeping back in.

He's going to get worse while I'm gone. I can tell...

Shouldn't his sickness be gone by now? I mean it's already been a week.

Yeah but the drug store medicine we got isn't cut out for stuff like this. I can clean his wound every day but it's going to take a while for the inflammation to go down. I just want his fever to break so I can quit worrying.

Anzu stared down at the angry dandelion with a sort of affection. She brushed a piece of hair out of his face and watched as his nose scrunched up, and he curled together to make up for the absence of warmth.

Dumbass stayed up all night making sure my injury was fine. He's gonna be cranky all day... kind of like a tired child.

He's stupid... he should worry more about his own health.... If he got worse...

Oh... And why's that? Is it maybe that you're worried for him? ​​​​​Well back off! He's 'my' angry dandelion.

She thought indignantly, struggling to yank on the soaked pants from yesterday. They still dripped with a cold moisture that made her come up with all sorts of colorful curses. Out of the many terrible things she had encountered in life, she couldn't say for sure that she hated wet pants less than Cross. May have been an exaggeration at the time, but due to the time of day and having to leave possibly the most comfortable place on earth to fix some old machinery, she could not say her mood was fantastic. She already missed being next to him, missed the warmth coming off of him in waves. Anzu didn't want to admit it but she had grown quite accustomed to sleeping next to him... the thought of going back to her normal life almost seemed disappointing. It was like being here in the mountains was this strange dream that wasn't really taking place. Everything felt fake, from her impending expulsion to the casualty count... nothing felt real. Like she was the protagonist of some sick fanfiction. She shivered at the thought and walked out the door, pausing at the door frame to glance one more time at her grumpy... her grumpy what exactly? What was he to her?