A Haunting Memory

During the two day Halloween break:

"Hollow what now?" Anzu asked, pouring cereal into a bowl. Her friends had been dead set on the topic for the whole month of October. It was only now that she began to want to know more.

"It's the day you celebrate scary things! Like skeletons and zombies and stuff!" Kiri said enthusiastically. Anzu swore she could see the imaginary dog tail swaying back and forth. "Usually when you're little you get to dress up and get free candy, but now were a little old for that." He said, his tone dropping. She wished she could empathize, but she couldn't see the appeal. Walking around in sweaty costumes in the dark didn't sound the least bit fun. She could barely take her hero costume. She turned and watched Bakugou trudge into the kitchen. His hair was glued to one side of his head and he looked like he hadn't slept in days. He poured coffee into a mug, taking it straight black. Kiri walked over to him and slung his arm over Bakugou's shoulder, half hanging off of him.

"Yo blasty! What are ya doing for Halloween!?" Kiri asked smiling with his shark teeth. Bakugou didn't answer, simply continued to sit down on the couch, Kiri still hanging off of him. Anzu snickered and went over to join them.

"What are you doing for Halloween?" Anzu asked, Kiri's excitement was getting contagious.

"Nothing. I hate kids. I hate costumes. And horror is cliche." Seems the coffee hadn't quite kicked in yet. Hopefully the caffeine would pour some emotion into his voice, because right now it seemed bone dry.

"Awww you're no fuuun." Kiri whined, messing Bakugou's hair up and bringing it back to it's usual springiness. Bakugou just grunted at him and smacked his hand away. "Fine. Anzu and I will just have to do stuff without you and you can stay home." Kiri said, turning to her and holding her hands in his.

"I can't believe you haven't celebrated Halloween before! Isn't America like... known for that?" Kiri questioned. Anzu began to feel a twinge of discomfort. She could feel the aura from behind Kiri. Bakugou was pissed now, with no explanation why. Actually... not much different from normal.

"Oh... my parents weren't big on it so..." Anzu lied. She was actually ready for that one. Bakugou kept his glance down and stared out the window. She looked to Bakugou for help. After several seconds of pleading eyes, he rolled his own.

"Fine. I'll go. But only if it's a haunted house. I haven't found a good one yet. Maybe we'll get lucky." He mumbled, looking back towards Kiri. Anzu watched his face grow from excited to jumping out of his skin with enthusiasm.

"I have an idea!!! Ok hear me out! What if our class did a haunted house!? Wouldn't that be awesome!? Imagine it! Tokoyami using dark shadow to scare the crap out of kids! Shouji could spread out his arms to whisper stuff in people's ears! Jiro could offer surround sound! Anything we can't afford we could ask Momo for it would be perfect!!!" Kiri practically yelled this. They had attracted quite the crowd in the process.

"Yeah!!! That would be so cool! And we could even raise money for the school!" Mina chimed in. Before they could prevent it, the entire class had started talking. The talking became so loud Anzu worried no one could hear her, but she tried anyway.

"Hey um... what's a haunted house?" Anzu asked amiss the uproar. Everything got really quiet at once and she worried she had said something wrong.

"You mean... you've never been in one?" Kaminari asked what everyone was thinking. Anzu shook her head no and everyone gave her the most dissapointed looks she had ever received.

"That's it. Now we have no choice." Kirishima yelled so everyone could hear. The entire class cheered and it was settled. Anzu was excited but... she still had no idea what a haunted house was.