Mountain Air

Anzu opened up the window on her side of the bus. The cool, snowy mountain air poured in from the crack. She could see her breath rising up in a little cloud of dancing smoke. She shivered from within Bakugou's sweatshirt. They were almost to the top now. Anzu had completely misjudged the temperature drop. She now regretted not saying anything, seeing as now she was freezing cold. She breathed the smoke into her hands, in a futile attempt to remove the frost bite. When they arrived at the resort, there were three log cabins. The interior was a bit cramped, but still cozy. Two cabins with four beds and one cabin with three beds. They were queen sized, allowing students to share. In the end, the Bakusquad decided to stay in the three bed one. Mina and Anzu paired up, Sero and Kaminari, and Kirishima and Bakugou. Kirishima was the only one brave enough to be with such a violent sleeper. Despite the fact that this was a training camp, there would still be an afternoon time that they would be able to enjoy themselves. There was an opportunity to ski, mountain climb, and each dorm also had a hot tub outside. The size of the mountain left Anzu gaping for minutes on end. The fact that the world was so big, that it had thousands of these in it... It was breathtaking. When they all unloaded their bags and got set up in the cabin, there was a big debate on what the group should do first. It was late, around five o'clock. Everyone except Bakugou wanted to stay in, and relax after all the traveling. Bakugou seemed dead set on hiking. In the end, Bakugou grew the resolve to go alone. This was something Anzu thought was incredibly ignorant, especially due to the harsh weather, however it wasn't her place to say so. Besides, he was already pretty angry, and forcing him to stay would just make matters worse. After an hour long argument, he wound up going without anyone else's knowledge. Aizawa came by a little bit later to check up on everyone and bring ingredients for a meal. In the end, they wound up making a quick stew. As they ate, they talked about tomorrows plans. Training involved steep hiking, endurance in freezing weather, how to treat hypothermia and frostbite, among other things. Around three o'clock they would be let out of training and allowed to do whatever they wanted. They all decided that skiing sounded fun, and than they would all start on the medium level. To her relief, most of them had never gone skiing either, so she wouldn't embarrass herself too badly. Sadly, the rest of the night went less than smooth.

"Hey... I'm pretty tired. I'm heading to bed." Mina yawned, rubbing her eyes and rising from the couch. They had all been sitting around, drinking tea. It was amazing how different the world was without distractions like internet. They had introduced Anzu to the world of board games, and talked about their home lives. Wind howled at the glass of the cabin, sending reverberations all through the house. If she wasn't with the company of friends it would've been unnerving. But something about being with these people... She felt comfortable. She wasn't worried over anything or afraid. Just comfortable. In the end, Sero and Mina were the first to turn in. So Kaminari, Kirishima, and Anzu were left to talk about stupid things like movies they had all watched, and also explained to Anzu what video games were.

"Hey Anzu! Where'd you get that sweatshirt from? I like the Pro Hero Merch." Kirishima said, scratching one of the iron-ons.

"Oh, Bakugou lent it to me! I didn't have much to wear the first night so..." She trailed off. Anzu and Kirishima made eye contact, realization suddenly rising. She could hear incoherent swearing coming from Kaminari. Anzu and Kirishima jumped up at once.

"How long has he been gone!? I can't believe we forgot!" She said pacing around the wood floor. "We have to go look for him! Who's idea was it to let him go out alone in a snow storm!? What if he broke his leg and is stuck somewhere in the middle of the mountains!?" She said, shoving on Mina's snow boots and putting her winter coat over Bakugou's sweatshirt.

"Let me grab a coat!" Kirishima called from the other room. "Kaminari! You stay here in case he comes back!" Kirishima yelled. Anzu was already half way out the freezing cold door.